Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so here goes. Good to be on the forum finally. I've got an 05 KC BT and am in the process of making the SE and LE minus the sunroof. I have recently been offered the power sliding rear window from a wrecked CC for a very attractive price including motor and tracks etc. There isn't much out there on the topic so I'll tell you what I know. The 04 KC will not accept this upgrade without serious modification but I have an 05 so will it work or not? The 04 cab design is different from what I understand. I'm familiar with the uncovered interior of my T due to completely matting the interior so if there is something in there keeping me from doing it, please elaborate. I've done the OEM fog lights and am in the process of leather. 92k and my cloth is just now starting to separate, lucky :). I have back up sensors, adj pedals and the exterior storage, utilitrac for which I am currently seeking the OEM kayak rack and a fully installed system with NAV. Not OEM but who the heck wants that anyway. So, can I fit the window and are there any other OEM LE wants?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I thought about this awhile ago too... From what I understand, there just isn't enough room. Prove me wrong! I want one sooooo bad!

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
from what i understand the rear wall of the cab is different for the power window, to house to everything.

I think you would have to change the whole rear firewall.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
from what i understand the rear wall of the cab is different for the power window, to house to everything.

I think you would have to change the whole rear firewall.
Doesn't that just sound like fun? Haha not really.

I swear there was somebody on here a couple years ago that added either a motor to the sliding window, or used an aftermarket one. Keep us posted in what you find out! And why no sunroof? I'd kill for one :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea there is an aftermarket one but the slider is the same size and slides the same way. So the cab design, as far as the rear wall, remained the same in 05? I have found a little confusion on that when googleized. People are only referencing the 04 as a no go. Herein lies my problem. I will have the opportunity to evaluate the glass tomorrow. The rear wall has been sawzalled from the cab so I can for sure get a clear view of the internal workings and differences. It's such a good price not to buy anyway, even just to flip.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like too much work but hey if it's that important and u got time do a write up bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts