Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a pretty tall guy(6'8") and I love my truck. It's an 07 Crew Cab 4x4. Every time I unlock my doors, the power driver side seat moves back from the reclined posistion...I feel like I am on an airplane that's getting ready to land...Ha ha...and the Titan is my flight attendant. I didn't know if there was a way to set the seats so that they remember me or not...Anyway, Thanks, Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
If you have the memory driver seat, I think your keyfob has been linked to a memory setting but it is not the setting you use. The instructions on how to set it are in the manual - basically you push the memory 1 or 2 button on the door panel and then push the remote button. When you unlock the car and the remote has been linked to the memory, the driver seat will return to the memorized position. You can link the different remotes to different memory settings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dorsey said:
If you have the memory driver seat, I think your keyfob has been linked to a memory setting but it is not the setting you use. The instructions on how to set it are in the manual - basically you push the memory 1 or 2 button on the door panel and then push the remote button. When you unlock the car and the remote has been linked to the memory, the driver seat will return to the memorized position. You can link the different remotes to different memory settings.
No, I looked, it don't have duel settings for different drivers...I am going to try my other remote and see if that works...I've had problems with this thing since day one, I have a list of things to take to the dealer when I get my first oil change...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I have said this before and others have disagreed, but I still maintain the seat position is tied to the factory remote even where there is no memory seat feature. My '05 seat would always adjust when I used the key fob but would not adjust if I opened the door using the actual key. I have no clue how to change the memorized seat position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BayStateSuks said:
I have said this before and others have disagreed, but I still maintain the seat position is tied to the factory remote even where there is no memory seat feature. My '05 seat would always adjust when I used the key fob but would not adjust if I opened the door using the actual key. I have no clue how to change the memorized seat position.
Well, at least you know that you are not the only one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Don't think it's tied to the memory. On my 07 LE the drivers seat always moves back when you remove the key. It returns when the key is inserted.

I can move the seat with it running, turn it off, seat moves back, put key in, seat returns to were ever I had it to start with.

Now I can set the memory, with either, the key fob, or the memory buttons and have it adjust to the button or the fob. Not sure if this is what your's is doing....... Drives me crazy to have the seat moving so much, afraid the motor is going to wear out.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
seniorgp said:
Don't think it's tied to the memory. On my 07 LE the drivers seat always moves back when you remove the key. It returns when the key is inserted.

I can move the seat with it running, turn it off, seat moves back, put key in, seat returns to were ever I had it to start with.

Now I can set the memory, with either, the key fob, or the memory buttons and have it adjust to the button or the fob. Not sure if this is what your's is doing....... Drives me crazy to have the seat moving so much, afraid the motor is going to wear out.......
You are correct and the seat should move forward and back when you remove the key if you have the memory seat. it makes it easier to get in and out but i don't like it either. unless you have nav, you have to take it to the dealer to get the feature deactivated. I am living with it.

I think gglynn has a different issue though because he is talking about the seat back moving plus he does not have memory seats. I think BayState is on to something but i have memory seats so can't test his theory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
i have nav how do i disable it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,419 Posts
I think he is having the same problem that I do with my seat back and the power controls, sometimes if you sit on the side of it just right it actually hits the power switch for the seatback angle, I have had the same problem, if I sit in the seat and have one leg outside, and no that isn't while I am driving, that crush of the seat side bolster hits the switch and the back comes forward. I bet that is what is happening. I am tall also at 6'3" and this seems to have been a problem for others as well. Someone has a link on how to modify the controls with a toggle switch to remove the power from them till you need it and they don't move then. It's in a thread either here or the other site, I have seen it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
yamatitan said:
i have nav how do i disable it?
Yahooligan posted this quote from the manual in another thread

The entry/exit function can be adjusted or canceled.
For vehicles with navigation system, see
“Vehicle electronic systems” in the “Display
screen, heater, air conditioner and audio systems
” section of this manual. For vehicles without
navigation system, see your NISSAN dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Dorsey said:
Yahooligan posted this quote from the manual in another thread

The entry/exit function can be adjusted or canceled.
For vehicles with navigation system, see
“Vehicle electronic systems” in the “Display
screen, heater, air conditioner and audio systems
” section of this manual. For vehicles without
navigation system, see your NISSAN dealer
Thanks Ill check it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
For all of the concerns listed here, the maunal tells exactly how to control the functions. You can have the seat move back when you open the drivers' door to exit and then move forward upon re-entry, or you can choose to disable that function, you can also have it move to a memory position based upon the key fob that you use to open it. It's all in the manual. Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
thanks i figured it out without the manual. I dont have one right now i bought it used without one did even think about it until i got home (bought out of state). No big deal i bought one from ebay for 10 bucks with the case and everthing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Dorsey said:
Yahooligan posted this quote from the manual in another thread

The entry/exit function can be adjusted or canceled.
For vehicles with navigation system, see
“Vehicle electronic systems” in the “Display
screen, heater, air conditioner and audio systems
” section of this manual. For vehicles without
navigation system, see your NISSAN dealer

You don't have to take it to the dealer to cancel the movement of the seat when the key is removed. You can disable it at the memory location. With the key off you press and hold the set button until it beeps or flashes. Can't remember exactly. One beep or flash is on and two is off or vise versa.

I've done this and turned off the seat moving back when I take the key out.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top