Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would prefer to not ask my dealer this question, does anybody know?

Is the Nissan power steering fluid anything special or can I just buy regular power steering fluid from a car parts store?

My dealer replaced a leaking power steering line, and now the system moans and growns when I turn the wheel. I would like to buy just a small container and add a bit more fluid and would rather not buy the huge quart container the Nissan dealer has.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I was able to get a smaller container from the dealer, more like 10oz.
But it was rip off expensive, doesn't look special to me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey, on another note.
Where in Upstate?
I am originally from the Rochester area myself.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grnTitan04 said:
Hey, on another note.
Where in Upstate?
I am originally from the Rochester area myself.
:cheers:
Small world mate! Well if you were originally from Rochester, you should be familiar with the area I'm in - Henrietta :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grnTitan04 said:
Thanks, good to know, I can tell them I don't want their quart, they have to get me the smaller container...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Well cool man, we should tip a few back sometime when I am in town!

My folks live in Springwater, about 30 miles south, and I have family in Honeoye, so I get over there every couple months or so.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grnTitan04 said:
Well cool man, we should tip a few back sometime when I am in town!
Hell ya!

Yup, I know all those places, I lived in Honeoye Falls for a while, I was born in Canandaigua, my parents are in Naples, and I drive through Honeoye every Sunday....

For sure send me a PM a couple weeks before ya get up here next time. It would be awesome if ya ccame up in the titan, I have been thinking about a Magnaflow for a while and would love to hear yours. I have a Magnaflow on my S2000 and it sounds just flat out fantastic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Power steering fluid is really just hydraulic fluid and a power steering pump is really just a small hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No clue about draining options, sorry.

Although power steering fluid is just a hydraulic fluid, not all hydraulic fluids are equal, and not all manufacturers spec the same fluid ingrediants. Honda for example has some very special fluids and if you don't use their formulations you will actually cause damage to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grnTitan04 said:
Here's what happened. After we chatted I called the dealer, they said they would check for the smaller container. He came back to the phone and said yes he had one. I said good because this issue is all your fault because when the powersteering line was replaced it looks like your people forgot to top off the fluid to make up for the leak and repair. He said hold on please. The next thing I knew the service manager was on the phone telling me to stop on my way home, he would top off my fluid no charge, sorry for the hassle. WOW!

So, I did, they did, and the noise is gone. I just love happy endings... :upsidedow

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Quad T said:
I just love happy endings... :upsidedow
I think everyone does!:eek:ral: :smoke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts