1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any off the shef will work. I put Royal purple in mine

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oh no no no, you must use only Nissan Power Steering fluid....... Just mess'n with you. As the above post stated, any off the shelf ps fluid will work just fine. I'm not as wealthy as he is so i used Auto Zone brand. I couldn't swing for the Royal Purple.LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
Any off the shef will work. I put Royal purple in mine
Oh no no no, you must use only Nissan Power Steering fluid....... Just mess'n with you. As the above post stated, any off the shelf ps fluid will work just fine. I'm not as wealthy as he is so i used Auto Zone brand. I couldn't swing for the Royal Purple.LOL
WHoa...

Nissan recommends ATF for the power steering...Dex/Merc III or similar.

See here, from the FSM (MA-10) - - >

Regular PS fluid IS NOT the right thing to use...it will kill the pump, sooner or later. Seen it a million times on 240SX's.

- Brian

Attachments

Reactions: Mac's Hack Shack

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
WHoa...

Nissan recommends ATF for the power steering...Dex/Merc III or similar.

See here, from the FSM (MA-10) - - >

Regular PS fluid IS NOT the right thing to use...it will kill the pump, sooner or later. Seen it a million times on 240SX's.

- Brian
BS BS BS you guys are a automakers dream. You buy only the crap they bottle and label. Actually you crack me up. Go buy your way overpriced Nissan garbage. I've worked in the automotive industry for years and years and that darn PUMP doesn't know the difference between ATF and PS fluid. I've been running Auto Zone PS fluid in all my Japanese vehicles and have never had a pump failure. Why do you really think they print that crap in the manual?? Do you really get it?? Just so you know, PS fluid and ATF have been used in place of each other in the PS system for many many years not just by me.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah, I have used all kinds of PS fluid in it, no troubles. It's just an oil pump. You could probably use hydraulic fluid from grandpa's tractor and it would work fine. Do whatever makes you sleep better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.