Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering pressure hose is leaking, anyone know how long that item is under warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
I would imagine 3-yr/36,000 miles.
I had some powersteering plumbing replaced because of a leak at about 33,000 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,043 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
54warrior said:
Well I had an oil cooler hose fixed at 34k under warranty.
I hope mine fails in the next 1,000 miles as I'm almost to 36,000.
To date for me
- tranny leak, bolts tightened, got better
- tranny leak, more bolts tightened, got better
- transfer case leak, even more bolts tightened, got better
- tranny leak, replaced drain plug and crush ring, finally fixed
- rear pinion seal leak, replaced
- front pinion seal failure, replaced
- power steering leak, hose/line replaced

It's been a great truck other than it has had problems containing its bodily fluids...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,043 Posts
They just called and it's the trans cooler line that's leaking and it is covered under warranty, however they have to order the parts (hoses I assume) to fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had a few little problems and they havent been a big deal. Trying to get the dealership to fix them correctly and in a timely fashion has been the trouble. I am so fed up with nissan dealers here in las vegas, I love this truck but I dont know if I would buy another because of my horrible dealer experiences, maybe its that way everywhere though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
I think power steering hose is covered for only 36k. I remember someone complaining about how they wouldnt fix it after 36k.

oh and [email protected] the related threads on the bottom of the page. $500 to fix the power steering hose!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
spoonman said:
oh and [email protected] the related threads on the bottom of the page. $500 to fix the power steering hose!!!
Yup, I see 54warrior said tranny cooling line, that is about the only thing I have not had leak, it had darn well better start in the next 1,000 miles...
:crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
54warrior said:
They just called and it's the trans cooler line that's leaking and it is covered under warranty, however they have to order the parts (hoses I assume) to fix it.
Wait, now I'm really confused. Did you not post this was already replaced at 34k miles? Is this your 2nd failure of the same line? I'm so confused... :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
truck went in today for a rear axle seal and found some more bad news ...
.....ive got the power steering pressure hose problem also
but im at 50k miles and its not under warrenty anymore
the dealership is charging 450 for the repair, 200 for just the hose alone
daym the titan is getting more and more expensive
what to do what to do ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
dude, Sounds like your getting hosed. Fix it yourself. Mail order the hose and put it on.$200 for a hose is way out of line and $250 bucks in labor is BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I had mine replaced by the dealer this week. $139 for the hose and $98 in labor. (YIKES) They also replaced the trans cooler hoses and a yoke seal. This was all part of the "120,000 mile service" that they offer. Out the door..... $1500.... just kill me now:stab: However, this is the first real money that I have spent on the Titan in 114,000 miles... Hey, things break or wear out and I don't have the time to fix them myself. So I bite the bullet and bend over for the Stealer:banasex0r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,043 Posts
Quad T said:
Wait, now I'm really confused. Did you not post this was already replaced at 34k miles? Is this your 2nd failure of the same line? I'm so confused... :crying:

No, first time it was oil cooler lines. This time it was trans cooler lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
hemi-eatr said:
dude, Sounds like your getting hosed. Fix it yourself. Mail order the hose and put it on.$200 for a hose is way out of line and $250 bucks in labor is BS.

yup....gotta pick-up the truck today
im prolly going to buy the hose and see how hard it is to replace
if not buy the hose and have a shop do it
anyone tryed or repaced this hose?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
75,169 Posts
Antihero said:
I have had a few little problems and they havent been a big deal. Trying to get the dealership to fix them correctly and in a timely fashion has been the trouble. I am so fed up with nissan dealers here in las vegas, I love this truck but I dont know if I would buy another because of my horrible dealer experiences, maybe its that way everywhere though.
if you go in for the seat belt recall make sure they have the parts..

if not you'll get a chebby to drive for 3 days while your titan sits... lame

i actually went in for the recall but when i scheduled i told them i wanted my front passenger's seat fixed. the tilt function wouldn't work because the motor and worm gear fell off. i fixed it but it didn't last so why not have it done under warranty... it was nice when they finally had all the part to fix it.. 3 days later. :stab:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top