Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started to notice a whine in the power steering at low speed. Checked the power steering fluid and it didn't look low but there was some wetness under the engine. Looked like trans fluid. The truck has 25800 miles on it. so its off to the dealer. I hope its covered its a 2004 I bought used with the origional warrentee 3/36.:crying:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the Titan back from the dealer. He said it was a leaking power steering hose. fixed under warrentee. Only problem now is the ding on the passenger side body molding that went right through the paint coutersey of the service dept. The service manager says he has a guy that comes in on wednesdays to fix these problems and he will take care of it. Don't know how he will do it other than sanding it down and re-painting the entire area.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Unfortunaly the leaking PS lines are a common occurance. Along with the leaking transmission cooler lines. Mine had both fail at around 37K. Did they replace your P.S. Pump as well? If it was whinning, the pump was running dry and would suffer increased wear and tear and eventually fail much sooner. When mine was fixed they replaced both the lines and pump.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
i noticed some whine in my ps pump this winter... i checked and it needed some fluid, BUT no leaks! i just topped it off...

truck only has around 20k on it, think i should pop under and inspect my lines?

·
Registered
680 Posts
DeadRiver said:
i noticed some whine in my ps pump this winter... i checked and it needed some fluid, BUT no leaks! i just topped it off...

truck only has around 20k on it, think i should pop under and inspect my lines?

I'd keep a good eye on them, I believe they begin to leak where clamps are present. Mine would wine without even turning the wheel, but I was never low on fluid. Was hard to tell if the PS was leaking because the tranny lines leaked all over the place, and was visable on the frame rail in the front wheel well. My extended warranty covered the PS stuff, and I believe power train warranty covered transmission lines.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
an ounce a prevention...

got a carb to clean this weekend, while i'm dirty i'll give my lines a look too..

i opted for the extened warranty because i plan to keep this titan for a long time, should be good for 10/100,000 bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My warranty is up in 3 months 3/36 I wonder if I can get an extended warrenty from Nissan as I also plan to keeo the Titan for awhile.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
tae111 said:
My warranty is up in 3 months 3/36 I wonder if I can get an extended warrenty from Nissan as I also plan to keeo the Titan for awhile.
i think you can purchase the extended warranty after the fact, i did it upfront because it was easier to add into my payment now rather then later.

ask your dealer about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What exactly did this sound like? I was in the mountains this weekend with the inlaws so the radio was off and i noticed on low speed turns (1-15mph) a strange whine/hum that sounded like a semi-truck with bad drum brakes, coming from the front end... only while turning... the truck just rolled over 6000 miles...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sound on mine was a faint whine only when turning at low speed. I looked under the truck and there was a fluid drip on the shroud at the front of the engine. They fixed it one day. Said it was a bad power steering line.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
what said:
What exactly did this sound like? I was in the mountains this weekend with the inlaws so the radio was off and i noticed on low speed turns (1-15mph) a strange whine/hum that sounded like a semi-truck with bad drum brakes, coming from the front end... only while turning... the truck just rolled over 6000 miles...
if i were you i'd check my power stearing fluid just to make sure it's topped off, if not, look under the truck for wet spots or fluids...

my fluid was low over the winter with no apparent leakage, but i'm going to keep an eye on things just to be sure since these lines as well as tranny seem to have issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts