Nissan Titan Forum banner

Power Steps

3215 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  slice07
Does anyone have the amp research power steps on there truck? If so what do you think of them and is it hard to install? Thinking of putting them on, company here charges $1365 installed.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Worth every penny...
What are these steps constructed out of? Are the painted or powdercoated? Do they have a rubber or plastic type step?
I've had them on my KC for about a year, and I love them! Paid about $1200 with the LED light accessory and installed them myself. $1365 with install is not too bad a deal. They are extruded aluminum and very strong. No rubber on the step, the tread pattern is formed in.

Attachments

See less See more
Man I would love to have those instead of the OEM steps. These are now on my to do list - too bad there's only so much $$ for mods at a time...

Bring on that tax rebate!
haha. you found my post.

it's not really hard to install. just tedious when you never have done it before.

they are awesome. worth the money

roy365 said:
For you guys in snow states that have these steps, how do they hold up in the ice and snow? Do they attract ice and snow build-up like the stock steps? Any issues with the electrical parts in ice and snow? I may be getting close to pulling the trigger on these and could use some reassurance that I won't have problems with em in the winter.

A related question: A coworker is interested in my stock steps, how much are they going for?
We just had a slushy 3 inches of snow here. Tires threw stuff everywhere. No problem with the steps and snow, etc. they have safeties built in to the motors: if they detect resistance they will lock themselves out (up or down depending on where they are at the time). Resetting is just a matter of closing then reopening the door.
Schrute said:
For you guys in snow states that have these steps, how do they hold up in the ice and snow? Do they attract ice and snow build-up like the stock steps? Any issues with the electrical parts in ice and snow? I may be getting close to pulling the trigger on these and could use some reassurance that I won't have problems with em in the winter.

A related question: A coworker is interested in my stock steps, how much are they going for?
Got back about a month ago from Mammoth mountains where it dumped about 6 feet of snow over the week I was there.

Step cracked due to wear and tear of the ice cold built up snow j/k

Nah, no problem with them at all, worked perfectly fine. My complain would only be that it took about 30-40 mins to clear the snow from the truck b4 I took her out for a spin.
NewTitanonDblock said:
Step cracked due to wear and tear of the ice cold built up snow j/k
LOL, that was funny. Thanks NewTitan and Toolman for your input.

Sounds like I've got nothing to worry about.

Except esplaining to my wife why I need these...
Schrute said:
LOL, that was funny. Thanks NewTitan and Toolman for your input.

Sounds like I've got nothing to worry about.

Except esplaining to my wife why I need these...
SCHRUTE... we should look at getting a group buy going on these... what's the best price you've found? I'm in Utah too and want some and am curious if we get a better deal picking up more than one?
firulice said:
SCHRUTE... we should look at getting a group buy going on these... what's the best price you've found? I'm in Utah too and want some and am curious if we get a better deal picking up more than one?
Dude I ordered these this morning. The cheapest price I found was $1235 at http://www.electricstep.com - but they didn't answer the phone or call me back to let me know if they had them in stock so I ordered from http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com who matched the lower price. I also got the LED light kit for another $100. Once I get them put on if you want to check them out in person just let me know!

Nice truck BTW! Where did you get your HID's?
Schrute said:
Dude I ordered these this morning. The cheapest price I found was $1235 at http://www.electricstep.com - but they didn't answer the phone or call me back to let me know if they had them in stock so I ordered from http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com who matched the lower price. I also got the LED light kit for another $100. Once I get them put on if you want to check them out in person just let me know!

Nice truck BTW! Where did you get your HID's?

I have seen the steps on other trucks and they are sick but I'd still want to meet up and check them out for sure or if you want help insatlling them let me know. I have a heated garage and plenty of tools if needed. The light kit is a good idea, I wanna check that out for sure. They also have the steps on ebay for a little cheaper. I got my HID's from a seller on ebay...I have bought sveral kits form the same guy cause the prices are good and the kits have worked very well on my MDX and CBR. I know there a lot of cheap kits on ebay but I have had good ones from this guy so I continue to buy from him. They are nice a hella bright! Thanks for the compliment on the truck. I haven't driven it much because of all the stupid road salt and I still have the MDX to put around in.
Like Rcantu said, worth every penny I love the fact that you can even see them until the door is opened. Great upgrade/mod
Do they not make the 2" extension arm for the titan steps? My trucks high I want the extension arm.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.