Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a problem or if it's supposed to do this--I can't find any mention of this characteristic in the OM. This happens at various times to one or both windows. I have not yet detected a pattern.

When I try to close a window, the window goes all the way to the fully closed position then immediately reopens halfway. If I hit the switch again, it goes all the way up then reopens halfway again. I can bring the windows to ALMOST fully closed with the switches, but as soon as it closes fully, it reopens again. I finally found that if I close the window(s) and continue to hold the window switch in the UP position for 5 or 10 seconds after the window is closed, it will stay closed and act normal (until it happens again!).

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I doing something to cause this phenomenon?

2005 SE King Cab 4x4

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That is a problem. The limit switch in the wikndow is freaky - if your still under warrenty, your dealer should know this problem and be able to fix it quite easily... (Tech explained this common problem to me while he was diagnoising/fixing my switch problem.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
yeah i posted a thread on here about mine doing that its only my pass side that does it but it only happend rarely so i just live with it this is the first ride ive had with auto windows so most of the time i find my self holding the button all the way up anyway forgetting that i have this feature

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mine does it also on the driver side window, I will have to address it to the dealer on the next oil change.

·
Registered
114 Posts
FlyPilot said:
Thanks guys. Out of warranty (68K miles), so I guess I'll just live with it.

The window motor just needs to be reset. This seems to be a recurring problem with Nissans as my 350Z had the same problem.

There is a write up of how to do it on my350z.com. Give me some time and I'll dig it up for you. No need to live with the problem if you can fix it

·
Registered
84 Posts
My brother just carried his in to the dealer last week to have this problem fixed. His passenger side window was doing this. The windows have a safety feature on them that if they have any resistance going up they will stop-his wife had her arm out the window when he put it up and it didnt go up. Dealer said window should have reset itself when you put it back down, but his didn't. They had to manually reset it themselves--told him if it happened again they would replace it. His is an 08 model

·
Registered
114 Posts

It should be the same for reseting the Titan window. I just don't know how to get to the motors as I never took the panel off, but it is probably pretty straight forward. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts