Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how I could go about installing a toggle switch that would cut power to just the windows. I'm wanting to tint front windows to match rear but the cops around here are real.... well you know. I figure they cant write a ticket if the window is down and "broke".

·
Premium Member
76,483 Posts
if you match the rear 15% you should be ok. i'm in pa and have the same cop issue you do, 15% is legal anything darker is not. get the 7" strip on the top too, i didn't but now wish i did, probably get it soon enough.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I figure they cant write a ticket if the window is down and "broke".
Huh?....If the window is down for any reason, they can't tell if it's over-tinted, so what's your plan? get pulled over and roll the windows down THEN hit the cut-off switch?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
loufish said:
Huh?....If the window is down for any reason, they can't tell if it's over-tinted, so what's your plan? get pulled over and roll the windows down THEN hit the cut-off switch?
LOL You could always put them down and ask for a warrant before you roll them back up!
Either way,you're asking for trouble.If yout tint them,find a way to deal with getting caught,fix-it tickets aren't that big of a deal,if you're worried about getting pulled over for something else,you should probably leave them stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you install a second window for each window so you can do this? Like a thin hard sheet of plastic tint that can roll up and down in the side windows. Then when he starts to walk up you roll down all the specially tinted windows and all he sees is the normal windows. :upsidedow

·
Registered
129 Posts
roll them down when you get pulled over. Which you should do anyway cops seem a bit happier (or so I have heard) when they come up to a vehicle and all windows are down, interior lights are on and drivers hands are visible on the steering wheel. At least (I hope) it has gotten me out of several tickets.

·
Registered
306 Posts
buckeye96 said:
roll them down when you get pulled over. Which you should do anyway cops seem a bit happier (or so I have heard) when they come up to a vehicle and all windows are down, interior lights are on and drivers hands are visible on the steering wheel. At least (I hope) it has gotten me out of several tickets.
bingo. Listen, if you're gonna get a ticket, you're going to get a ticket. They could just as easily pull you over for doing 4 mph over the limit or something silly. If they want to pull you, they will. If you pass him with rolled up windows, then he walks up to your vehicle after pulling you over only to have you tell him "weird, now it's broken"...you're just gonna piss him off.

Tint your windows, take your chances, if you see a police vehicle up ahead, roll down your front windows if you want. Drive like a normal person and generally they'll leave you alone. If you do get pulled, roll them down, turn the interior lights on if it's dark out, and leave your hands on the steering wheel in plain site, and be polite. This puts the officer at ease, and gives you the best chance of being let go.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
roy365 said:
Most cops dont go looking to write tint tickets usually. But obviosly if there is a reason of you not wanting to be pulled over then just dont do it man. But if you want to then do it and dont worry about it.
You haven't met Ponch and John from the California Highway Patrol... They hate TINT.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
roy365 said:
Most cops dont go looking to write tint tickets usually. But obviosly if there is a reason of you not wanting to be pulled over then just dont do it man. But if you want to then do it and dont worry about it.
I cruise around alot at night and tend to get pulled over alot. If that happens in my new 09 Titan theyll pull out a little tint card and compare it against my tint. If my tint is too much they'll fine me and tell me to take it off.:banasex0r

·
Registered
564 Posts
DeadRiver said:
get the 7" strip on the top too, i didn't but now wish i did, probably get it soon enough.
Can you explain this? Did you get tinting only on the windows that visible when closed and not all the way to the top? Or are you referring to getting a 7" strip across the front window at the top?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ZeroPt99 said:
Tint your windows, take your chances, if you see a police vehicle up ahead, roll down your front windows if you want. Drive like a normal person and generally they'll leave you alone. If you do get pulled, roll them down, turn the interior lights on if it's dark out, and leave your hands on the steering wheel in plain site, and be polite. This puts the officer at ease, and gives you the best chance of being let go.
:angel: being polite and a "good" citizen doesn't mean $hit if it's the end of the month and that cop's department has a ticket expectation quota.

·
Registered
306 Posts
albonismo said:
:angel: being polite and a "good" citizen doesn't mean $hit if it's the end of the month and that cop's department has a ticket expectation quota.
If that's the case, then claiming your window is suddenly broken in the down position isn't gonna mean $hit either. You're getting a ticket one way or the other if that's the deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ZeroPt99 said:
If that's the case, then claiming your window is suddenly broken in the down position isn't gonna mean $hit either. You're getting a ticket one way or the other if that's the deal.
How can you get a ticket for a window that wont go up? I say change the subject and dab tequila around your neck before he gets to the truck.:cheers:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dairy Milk said:
How can you get a ticket for a window that wont go up?
If the cop is irritated at you, there is alllllllllllways something they can give you a ticket for. Always. They can sit in their cruiser for 15 minutes looking up some obscure thing if they need to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it all depends on the cop. A nice cop that pulled me over stated that the reason for the limit of how dark the tint can be is because cops want to see the driver. He told me I could have it as dark as I wanted to but as long as I roll down the front windows, especially when you pull up next to them or they pull up next to you everything should be fine. I don't think other cops would be as nice. Any how what I have done in the past is install double limo tint on the rear side windows and the rear window as well and 15% legal on the front ones. The double limo makes the interior of the cabin so dark that you don't need much in the front windows to make them very dark. In case you get pulled over the front ones still pass the tint inspection.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts