Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I turn this feature off? I know how to turn off the horn when I lock it. It is annoying to come outside when it is raining and find my windows down!:confused:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
You can't turn it off. Just stop sitting on the key fob! You may want to call the dealer and see if maybe it can be disabled with the consult tool.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
You sir are the only person with this problem of your windows going down.. you should just get rid of your key fob and use the old style, key in door

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My suggestion, move away from the rain. I don't know about your T, but I have to hold down the unlock button for like 30 seconds before the windows roll down. Do what I did and get some hooks on which to hang your keys so that you don't sit on them anymore.

·
Premium Member
72,889 Posts
...or just fix it like I told another member, lay keyfob on a hard surface, smash with 4# sledgehammer, VIOLA! problem solved!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My wife had the same issue with her last car's FOB. She eventually learned to not push the button down too long to unlock the doors.

I can't imagine a life where the key must be used to unlock the door. It seems so foreign to me now. What does suck is the fact that the passenger doors no longer have the key hole. So, you're screwed if you're a gentleman opening the door for your wife / girlfriend (or both).

·
Premium Member
59,064 Posts
My wife had the same issue with her last car's FOB. She eventually learned to not push the button down too long to unlock the doors.

I can't imagine a life where the key must be used to unlock the door. It seems so foreign to me now. What does suck is the fact that the passenger doors no longer have the key hole. So, you're screwed if you're a gentleman opening the door for your wife / girlfriend (or both).
Push the button twice on your fob as you walk up to it. It works for me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Your dealer can disable the remote window down function. Had mine done after I came out one morning to find a inch of snow on the inside of my Titan. The Titan's key fob seems overly sensitive. I'm constantly locking my doors when I'm in the house. I've never had this problems with key fobs on other vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts