Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 SE CC and the windows started going up and down really slow and stopping. Its almost like if they were running off batteries and the batteries are going dead. When they slow down to a stop i have to pause about 10 secs just to get them to move another 2 inches until i get them back up or all the way down. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how to repair? I have tried cleaning and lubing the seals around the windows but it doesnt seem to make any diiferance.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm having this same problem all of a sudden! Except mine are really doing it when I roll them back up. I'm interested in the problem also...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just saw this one, I'm having (have had) the same issue too, interested if anyone knows.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I know that there is a common problem with the Rear windows being really slow to roll up even my right rear window is very very slow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My rear windows were slow and I took it in to the dealership and they cleaned and lubed the channel seals, and it didnt really help it any. They told me it was normal to be slow. Mine dont stop like others mentioned. I would also like to know if there is a fix or an improvement for this. If I remember correctly when my Titan was new they rolled up alot faster.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My rear windows were slow and I took it in to the dealership and they cleaned and lubed the channel seals, and it didnt really help it any. They told me it was normal to be slow. Mine dont stop like others mentioned. I would also like to know if there is a fix or an improvement for this. If I remember correctly when my Titan was new they rolled up alot faster.
Yeah bud, mines having the same problem. I'm going to be taking it to the stealership soon so I'll let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My windows are the same way, its like there running out of battery. Its crazy to think that they would use window motors that take that much power to roll em up. Seems like a design flaw to me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Add another to the list cause mine does too

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's the motor, they suck. Eventually the window will not go up and you will have to replace the motor. This happened to me on my 04 LE on my way to the airport oneday. Not fun when you have to leave your truck overnight in the shady parking lots. My advice would be to get a rebuilt motor and keep it on hand until it dies. I keep a spare with me at all times and tools so I can swap it out wherever I am. My new one is about a year old and it is starting to go slow when going up already.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My windows are the same way, its like there running out of battery. Its crazy to think that they would use window motors that take that much power to roll em up. Seems like a design flaw to me.
It has nothing to do with them pulling too much power, what you have to realize is that our trucks have huge windows and you are relying on a very small electric motor to move it up. The window slowing down is really the beginning of the end, for some people on here the regulator was worn out or frayed, for others like me the motor needed replacing either way it's a relatively easy fix. I would highly recomend that everyone that is having problems dissassmble the power windows and try tofix it yourself it's very easy to do once you figure out what order everything comes out. I replaced mine for
For $100 buying a refurbished motor from advanced auto parts... Nissan will charge you about $70 per hour just to find out the problem, and when I checked on an oem window motor they wanted over $300.

So you can spend a minimum of $400 allowing Nissan to fix it or spend two hours and $100 and do it yourself

·
Registered
555 Posts
It has nothing to do with them pulling too much power, what you have to realize is that our trucks have huge windows and you are relying on a very small electric motor to move it up. The window slowing down is really the beginning of the end, for some people on here the regulator was worn out or frayed, for others like me the motor needed replacing either way it's a relatively easy fix. I would highly recomend that everyone that is having problems dissassmble the power windows and try tofix it yourself it's very easy to do once you figure out what order everything comes out. I replaced mine for
For $100 buying a refurbished motor from advanced auto parts... Nissan will charge you about $70 per hour just to find out the problem, and when I checked on an oem window motor they wanted over $300.

So you can spend a minimum of $400 allowing Nissan to fix it or spend two hours and $100 and do it yourself
iTS only the two rear windows that do this. And they are rarely used. When you do all 4 windows at once the rears are noticeably slower than the fronts

·
Registered
536 Posts
iTS only the two rear windows that do this. And they are rarely used. When you do all 4 windows at once the rears are noticeably slower than the fronts
That's not as big an issue as the fronts, mine are slightly slower than the fronts, I thought you were referring to your fronts slowing down.

·
Registered
917 Posts
my back passangers window is way slower than the others. So you can add mine too and i have a 2009

·
Registered
558 Posts
My truck was always like this since new. The Xterra I used to have had this same issue. I figured it was a Nissan thing. Nissan trucks anyway because my friends Maxima doesn't do it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
In the same boat.. I had both of them cleaned out and the rear passenger sped up a little(used to not go up at all).. but now only the rear driver doesn't roll up.. I have to give it a push for it to fully close.

So its the regular/motor?
Is there a way to fit a larger, more reliable motor in there?

·
Registered
536 Posts
In the same boat.. I had both of them cleaned out and the rear passenger sped up a little(used to not go up at all).. but now only the rear passenger doesn't roll up.. I have to give it a push for it to fully close.

So its the regular/motor?
Is there a way to fit a larger, more reliable motor in there?
yea most likely your motor or reg. Very easy fix. And it's so tight up in that window I really don't think you could add anything too it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I have an appointment with the dealership to look at brakes, gas gauge, and going to have them check out my windows while im there. I will let you guys know what i find out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts