Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to powerbrake with the Titan yet? Or does the system automatically apply brakes to the rear making it hard to do?

·
Registered
29 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Anyone tried to powerbrake with the Titan yet? Or does the system automatically apply brakes to the rear making it hard to do?
it seems even if the vdc is off it still stops the tire from spinning .

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured.. I bet since it's disc all the way around some brake is applied to the rear. bummer. :)

·
Premium Member
17,103 Posts
bvstone1 said:
That's what I figured.. I bet since it's disc all the way around some brake is applied to the rear. bummer. :)
When I was in high school and much more inclined to engage in this sort of thing, we used to install little manually activated valves in the lines to the rear brakes so you could just shut them off when you wanted to mess around.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Oh funny I tried it last night. I finally got 3000miles so I figure I can jack around a little in safe place. I cannot power brake. I actually think trying to do so impeded my launch.

Also during that same run I ran her up to 100 in a straight line and let me say that speed is CRAZY in the crew cab. She gets real lose and I'd hate to see what a quick emergency manuver would cause...Be Safe & Curteous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts