Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a used power pup for my 06 off Ebay this morning. Is there anything I can do to PREP my truck for the install??
It may be straight foward, but I figured there may be something someone out there did to make it easier..just wondering. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You can go to the BD website and download the update manager. There's nothing to prep on the Titan.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The download manager...is that a program I should put on my laptop so I can access the tuner. The tuner can be read like external hard drive on my computer? Like a mp3 player or memory stick
Pardon my computer ignorance, I work with tape measures and air compressors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The 'Update Agent" updates your tuner so it will have all the latest updates that Bully Dog has put out. Bully Dog Technologies

Reactions: ridemaker

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
yes. there is a few things you can do to prep the truck for the power pup. The first and foremost being to remove any and all change or other objects from the small cubby hole located to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. Once you get the pup and turn off the WOT restriction, the items in this location will become projectiles and end up in your lap, the floor, or the door pocket.

other then that, start doing face excersizes. your cheeks will be hurting from smiling so much.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
An get a bigger wallet, you will need the extra $$ for gas! Ever since getting my bdgt I have been getting 9 miles to the gallon!! But being able to just light up 35;s off the line like there nothin is so worth it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes. there is a few things you can do to prep the truck for the power pup. The first and foremost being to remove any and all change or other objects from the small cubby hole located to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. Once you get the pup and turn off the WOT restriction, the items in this location will become projectiles and end up in your lap, the floor, or the door pocket.

other then that, start doing face excersizes. your cheeks will be hurting from smiling so much.
Nice...yeah I cant wait. I read somewhere once on TT that the W.O.T. was described as the truck trying to accelerate in sand. Every time I step on it now, I cant help but think SAND. To eliminate the WOT is gonna be worth the $.
Luckily I use a company truck during the week. The Titan isn't used much. Thankfully cuz I cant afford 9 mpg.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An get a bigger wallet, you will need the extra $$ for gas! Ever since getting my bdgt I have been getting 9 miles to the gallon!! But being able to just light up 35;s off the line like there nothin is so worth it!
Like I mentioned above I dont used the Titan much during the week. I may even go with the 93 oct tune. I am pretty pumped.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Like I mentioned above I dont used the Titan much during the week. I may even go with the 93 oct tune. I am pretty pumped.
Yeah I ALWAYS am on the 93 oct extreme tune...

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
the 89 tune with WOT off and a 2* advance seems to provide the best track numbers. just wait more people will chime in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was going to be one of my questions. Should I do one and then the other( WOT, 2d advance) Should I do both at the same time? And what other settings do you guys like or not like?

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
That was going to be one of my questions. Should I do one and then the other( WOT, 2d advance) Should I do both at the same time? And what other settings do you guys like or not like?

WOT off, timing to the highest. And throttle to extreme. Not sure how the PP works, as I have the GT.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Don't bother with the timing advance...you won't notice anything but a placebo effect. Make sure the PP has the latest update. The biggest change you'll find will be with the removal of the WOT restriction. I use the regular tune (there is no 89 tune BTW on the PP..must be on the GT) timing left stock and the WOT restriction removed. If you go with the premium tune (91 octane and up), you'll get a little more oomph but shifts become a little harsh to me. Fuel mileage won't change unless the change encourages a heavier foot. The only thing you have to do to the truck is to be sure everything is off before starting the upload...auto lights, radio etc. Oh and also, it's normal for the electric fan in front of the radiator to run during the upload....you'll hear it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only thing you have to do to the truck is to be sure everything is off before starting the upload...auto lights, radio etc. Oh and also, it's normal for the electric fan in front of the radiator to run during the upload....you'll hear it.
This is probably the best advice. You might also want to do the tune during Bully Dogs's hours of operation, just in case you run into an issue and need help reseting your ECU.

Reactions: ridemaker

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
I am not running 35s but i get 14 to 15 mpg steady in my truck. I run 50 to 100 miles a day, some days 25mph and stop and go traffic, other days steady 75 and 80mph. i did not see a dramatic drop or rise in my gas mileage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Install the PP yesterday, WOW. The WOT makes a huge difference. But the first time I stepped on it to feel the new ooomph, my tires started spinning, but then the SLIP light came on and my truck was bucking and spinning and jumpin. Can you some how shut the SLIP off...anyone? Or should I leave it on, and learn how to drive with in on?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There should be a button under your AC buttons labeled VDC. The problem with that is once you turn your truck off the vdc will turn back on. Once you get used to the new toy, you'll be able to control the slipping.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I looked everywhere for a button or switch. There are three spots for switches under my ac controls, only one has TOW printed on it. The others are dummies. That's why I thought there may be a way with the PP

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I doubt there is a way with the PP, but IDK. I have the SC cortex and there isn't a way (that I know of) to do it with that. Maybe someone that has one can chime in. Sorry, the only way I know to turn it off is with that button.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Does the slip light come on if you have ABLS? Mine doesn't have VDC or ABLS, so there is no interference. If it's the ABLS, I don't think there is anything you can do to change it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts