Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about installing both N Fab PreRunner bumper and a front hitch mount... Will it work? Or do I need to get a custom tabbed bumper to clear the hitch assembly??? I want the best of both worlds and it'll be an arm and both legs to have a prerunner bumper with integrated hitch mount fabbed, trust me I've been checking around, and figure this is the easiest and least expensive way to go. Going through my sources would run me around $1k for both, installed.

Front Hitch for 2008 Nissan Titan - Curt 31199

N-FAB N-FAB R.S.P. FULL REPLACEMENT FRONT BUMPERS - JCWhitney

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
55 Views... No one has an opinion... I guess I'll bump it myself.

Ok, looks like I will have to Pioneer this venture... Here's the effect I am going for... Take a front mounting hitch system... Like this
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...57d1294634446-titan-show-off-thread-front.jpg

And cross it with a light weight PreRunner bumper system... Like this
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...1294973176-titan-show-off-thread-img_0783.jpg

Both of those are obviously fabbed, so If the Curt / N Fab won't integrate, I will have to have it all fab'd... Including a rear tubular bumper integrating the backup sensors...

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I'd say that you're better off fabbing up an integrated system. Most likely the N-Fab and Curt hitch will be fighting for the same mounting position anyway.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I wonder what you could do to the rear of that to keep up with the front without cutting holes in the floor board for bypasses?

Sorry done hijacking.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
DA - I think you should get one FAB up custom!!!!

Ryno - I'm not sure all the FJ's that i've seen that have LT are all caged up or in the works

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something like this

Yes, like that...

DA - I think you should get one FAB up custom!!!!

Ryno - I'm not sure all the FJ's that i've seen that have LT are all caged up or in the works
Yes as well... I am leaning that route, I am thinking that the hitch mount cross member will be the perfect replacement for the OEM frame cross member, then the bumper can still be welded directly to the frame via frame horns... I need to get the fenders and bedsides done first, then will focus more on this... I imagine someone like Nick will be a perfect fabricator for the mission, just need to do more brainstorming and check with my local folks to help save me the drive down yonder... Of course, I never mind the drive down there as long as it's for a purpose, like maybe an early summer meet and off-road trip...

·
Registered
183 Posts
55 Views... No one has an opinion... I guess I'll bump it myself.

Ok, looks like I will have to Pioneer this venture... Here's the effect I am going for... Take a front mounting hitch system... Like this
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...57d1294634446-titan-show-off-thread-front.jpg
that is a nice front mount receiver right there!!!:eyebrow: it wouldn't take you too much to make something like what you're wanting...

good luck with whatever you decide to do...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts