Nissan Titan Forum banner

10901 - 10909 of 10909 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had the magnetic antenna mount that came with a kit from PCI/ORW for the last few years. The co-ax cable ripped out of the magnetic base after it getting knocked off the roof of the truck over and over. A low tree branch would knock it off every time.

Here's a write up on how to install a solid mount antenna base:

Step 1: Get a solid base antenna mount from Rugged, PCI, etc. or in my case Race Ready who carries PCI products.

Step 2: Locate the best spot for the antenna wire on the inside of the roof of your truck. I used a Phillips head and a BFG hammer to tap a divot into the spot where the hole would be drilled from the inside of the truck.

Step 3: Drill hole and use file and snips to clean up edges.

Step 4: Use two open ended wrenches (ask a friend to hold the one inside the truck) to tighten the threaded antenna mount onto the base. It has threading on the inside to attach to the base and threading on the outside to attach to the antenna.

Step 5: Route the wire around your roll cage and make sure it's not looped anywhere. Make sure it won't get damaged somehow.

Step 6: Tighten the antenna onto the threaded base.

Step 7: Go hit the trail and admire the range of your new antenna with solid base mount.

I was super happy with this new mount. It helped reduce some of the noise from the roof which was noisy after removing the roof liner.

Gonna be prerunning Pahrump 250 this Wednesday in my Titan. It's only about 230 miles since the prerun is a bit shorter than the actual race. Should be a lot of fun! Pretty interested to see how the 2017 raptors do over a 230 mile course. They give us a limited amount of time to do the prerun so you have to move at a good pace and last year some trucks were hurtin'!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Bump for old times. AII Racing says he misses you guys. If you haven't checked out the mufflers he sells you should. Black Widow mufflers are some of the best sounding mufflers in the business.We need to resurrect this thread it used to make me want to get out and do more to my truck.Bump for old times. AII Racing says he misses you guys. If you haven't checked out the mufflers he sells you should. Black Widow mufflers are some of the best sounding mufflers in the business.We need to resurrect this thread it used to make me want to get out and do more to my truck.
5.2 million page views.
Most popular thread on the site!

·
Registered
14,082 Posts

5.2 million page views.
Most popular thread on the site!
because some jackaszes got the boobies thread shut down

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
If you guys haven't seen already, here's a new body style 2016+ Titan non XD that we recently built with our bolt on 4wd long travel kit.

More pictures and info on this truck can be found in our gallery section on the website here. https://dirtkingfabrication.com/pages/lanes-17-pro-4x-titan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: "Prerunner" Titan's

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dirt king horns through the stock bumper. I don't like the plastic core support. Had to do something about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
10901 - 10909 of 10909 Posts