Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the fender wells all cut out today and cycled the kit to see what it was capable of. The kit will get about 15.5" of travel with the fender wells removed. The first thing that hits at bump is the lower arm makes contact with the mount on the frame. I think that if I took the grinder to it and clearanced it out a little I could probably get 16". This was all with out the shock in there just seeing what was possible. My plan is to take a little bit off the lower arm mount for clearance purposes and be bumped and strapped right around 15". So basically all this work for between 2 and 2.5" of travel. LOL I thought I would be able to 3" but realistically it's not going to happen. One more positive thing I got out it though is I'm pretty sure that I now have room for 37's even running the stock spindle. Tomorrow we are going to clean everything up, get the shock hoops built, and hopefully the braces over the motor. After that we still have to relocate and mount the ECU and the fuse box thing on the passenger side and the ABS control unit on the driver side. It's definitely a lot of work and kind of a strange feeling seeing my truck like this but it should all be worth it in the end. I have a Custom Tube Works front clip coming Tuesday afternoon that should be mounted in the next couple weekend. I'll post more pics tomorrow after we get some more done.

By rynomx785 at 2011-02-05

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's one more pic of what I found when we cut off the hoops and brace that Addictive Desert Designs did for me.

Nice huh? :ftard:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Here's one more pic of what I found when we cut off the hoops and brace that Addictive Desert Designs did for me.

Nice huh? :ftard:
Yeah... I would take it back and throw it through their front window :teethmast

Reactions: T.Johnson702

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
We got the fender wells all cut out today and cycled the kit to see what it was capable of. The kit will get about 15.5" of travel with the fender wells removed. The first thing that hits at bump is the lower arm makes contact with the mount on the frame. I think that if I took the grinder to it and clearanced it out a little I could probably get 16". This was all with out the shock in there just seeing what was possible. My plan is to take a little bit off the lower arm mount for clearance purposes and be bumped and strapped right around 15". So basically all this work for between 2 and 2.5" of travel. LOL I thought I would be able to 3" but realistically it's not going to happen. One more positive thing I got out it though is I'm pretty sure that I now have room for 37's even running the stock spindle. Tomorrow we are going to clean everything up, get the shock hoops built, and hopefully the braces over the motor. After that we still have to relocate and mount the ECU and the fuse box thing on the passenger side and the ABS control unit on the driver side. It's definitely a lot of work and kind of a strange feeling seeing my truck like this but it should all be worth it in the end. I have a Custom Tube Works front clip coming Tuesday afternoon that should be mounted in the next couple weekend. I'll post more pics tomorrow after we get some more done.
Damn man nice work. I didnt think you would start on it so quickly. Th sucks that you can only get an extra 2.5" of travel out of the kit. Whats the tierod angle at? Could you post a pic of you truck at full bump?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn man nice work. I didnt think you would start on it so quickly. Th sucks that you can only get an extra 2.5" of travel out of the kit. Whats the tierod angle at? Could you post a pic of you truck at full bump?
Ya I'll take one today. I'm pretty sure that my CV's would bind at full bump before the tie rods. I have a feeling that when the truck is paid off and not a daily driver that the my 4wd and the PRG kit are going bye bye. LOL

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, looks like you've got your hands full can't wait for the aftermath pics!
Ya it's a lot work. The wiring harness the right in the F'ing way on both sides too. It's gonna be a pain the @ss to relocate everything but I think it will be worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Ya I'll take one today. I'm pretty sure that my CV's would bind at full bump before the tie rods. I have a feeling that when the truck is paid off and not a daily driver that the my 4wd and the PRG kit are going bye bye. LOL
Yea your probably right. I was wondering about me. lol After install and cycling the prg kit on a customers truck I realized that it wasnt built to pull a lot of travel. You are pulling th most travel you can out of it unless you went with another upper arm which would gain you another 1" or 1.5" of down travel before the inner ball joints limited out.

I didnt think that the lower arms would limit so quickly. I think I may stick with my kit for a little longer then knowing that I cant gain anymore up travel with a vertical uniball unless doing some major frame tweaks and am already at my max down travel without runing a clevis. The titans are set up horrible for travel. To bad they were set up like the chevy's with the way the uppers mount and the short spindle.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea your probably right. I was wondering about me. lol After install and cycling the prg kit on a customers truck I realized that it wasnt built to pull a lot of travel. You are pulling th most travel you can out of it unless you went with another upper arm which would gain you another 1" or 1.5" of down travel before the inner ball joints limited out.

I didnt think that the lower arms would limit so quickly. I think I may stick with my kit for a little longer then knowing that I cant gain anymore up travel with a vertical uniball unless doing some major frame tweaks and am already at my max down travel without runing a clevis. The titans are set up horrible for travel. To bad they were set up like the chevy's with the way the uppers mount and the short spindle.
Ya the Titan is horrible for getting big numbers. Here's a pic at full bump and one of the side we got all mocked up today. We had it set up to get 15" bumped and strapped only to get the other side and realize that it was only capable of about 14.5" because the UCA hits the master cylinder. We are going to run the hoop off the top of the frame rail so I can get everything possible which means that we are redoing the side that is basically done because I refuse to have two different shock hoops. FML!!!!!!!!

By rynomx785 at 2011-02-06

By rynomx785 at 2011-02-06

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Most people in the east valley praise ADD.

From what I've seen, it looks like they're more into street queens and raptors.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
There have been a few bad reviews of ADD, the most recent one was add using mild steel in their $1500 bumpers and not even putting the seam right.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Ya the Titan is horrible for getting big numbers. Here's a pic at full bump and one of the side we got all mocked up today. We had it set up to get 15" bumped and strapped only to get the other side and realize that it was only capable of about 14.5" because the UCA hits the master cylinder. We are going to run the hoop off the top of the frame rail so I can get everything possible which means that we are redoing the side that is basically done because I refuse to have two different shock hoops. FML!!!!!!!!
Is there anyway you can post that first pic bigger?

I was looking at that and saw that it would come into contact with the master cylinder but I didnt realize so quickly. It looks like you best hope for more travel is lower the upper a arm mounts down a few inches to the frame and have a shorter spindle...

So after all that you are pulling 1.5" more?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there anyway you can post that first pic bigger?

I was looking at that and saw that it would come into contact with the master cylinder but I didnt realize so quickly. It looks like you best hope for more travel is lower the upper a arm mounts down a few inches to the frame and have a shorter spindle...

So after all that you are pulling 1.5" more?
I'm not sure why that pic came out so small. Let me try again.

Ya about a inch and a half more. LOL At least my shocks will be mounted under the hoops now and I will have room for 37's. The glass is half full...........

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ya it's a lot work. The wiring harness the right in the F'ing way on both sides too. It's gonna be a pain the @ss to relocate everything but I think it will be worth it in the end.
will you plEASE TAKE A LOT OF PICS OF THIS PROCESS? I WANNA SEE HOW YOU DO THIS.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will you plEASE TAKE A LOT OF PICS OF THIS PROCESS? I WANNA SEE HOW YOU DO THIS.
Yes sir. I'm going to take a digital camera with me this weekend so the pics will be better than the sh!tty cell phone pics. To be completely honest it's really not worth it to do with the PRG kit. Can you get me a hook up on the Camburg kit too? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Just beam it and keep 4x4!
If I had more experience with I beams I might consider it. I have heard from several different people how easy it would be to convert the titan to I beam and the amount of travel you can pull with I beam and not ever have issue with steering is very tempting.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes sir. I'm going to take a digital camera with me this weekend so the pics will be better than the sh!tty cell phone pics. To be completely honest it's really not worth it to do with the PRG kit. Can you get me a hook up on the Camburg kit too? LOL
we can talk about that tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts