Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Titan is on the left with stock 18" wheels and the truck on the right is a stock 2008 Titan with stock 20" wheels

·
Registered
496 Posts
You'll like the mini lift, huge difference from stock height. Cool to be able to compare them like that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My truck on the left, by 2"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow ! talk about a coincidence... I live in Victoria too and I did nearly the same lift as you last weekend ! I have an 06. I just did the PRG lift with Bilstein 5100 on the front and Icon shocks on the rear. My total lift was 2-1/4" with the Bilsteins set at zero. Did you replace the front shocks on your lift? What about the rear end ? Did you put a block in or leave it stock ? Are you happy with the stance on the truck?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Humm sounds like a opportunity for a stock to shock upgrade comparison. :read:

I would be interesting to take the two trucks down the same road and see how different the shocks feel.

I kept my stock shocks and I have a 1.5" block on the rear. So I expect the rear to be still .5" taller then the front, however, it really is not noticeable.

Also being that I am a old enough to still love the look of the 70s era muscle cars, if the rear stuck up a bit, I think that is cool.

With Xmas pressures coming $$$, I didn't want to change the shocks out before giving the stock shock a try. Honestly stock shocks seem fine.

I am thinking about Bilsteins for the front, however, I am still of two minds. I like the extra lift of the 5100s and the extra clearance of the HDs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice pictures ! Looks like you were cruising Clover Point or at least Dallas road somewhere :)
I would love to do a side by side shock test some time. I haven't had time this week to get the truck into the alignment shop so things are still a bit out. I'm going to see if I can get a set of 1.5" blocks and u-bolts from a local shop and drop them in this weekend. After that I can get everything aligned and then (if I can ever get my hands on them), I am putting on a set of ProComp Xtreme AT's. I have been waiting for almost 2 months for my guy to get them in !
I think the stance on your truck is just what I am looking for. The slight rake you have in yours is probably a good idea too considering your are packing the canopy on there.
I'm not sure if you installed the kit yourself or not but if you did... Did you happen to notice if you were getting coil bucket to upper control arm contact at full droop on the front suspension ? It's not a huge issue as I can grind the lip off the bucket where it contacts. It's not like the truck sees full droop on the suspension all that often.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No contact (yet) with the Stock Shocks... and yup, its the contact concerns with the 5100s that have me leaning towards the HD, just from what I have heard here.

Also when these stock tires are done, I am looking at getting some 325/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers shipped up from Discount Tire Direct. At this size they seem to be 3 to 400 dollars cheaper then locally, when all the duty, taxes and installation costs are done.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

10-4 On Dallas Road. :)

Reactions: Islander

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been doing a bit of research and reading on the suspensions but I still can't figure what the difference in dimension is on the Bilstein 5100 set at zero and the Bilstein HD is ?
I'm happy so far with the 5100. I think for what I use my truck for (99.9% daily driver and tow vehicle for my travel trailer), my suspension is never going to make contact on the UCA and coil bucket. In the rare case that I get the truck crossed up on a ditch crossing and cycle the suspension from full compression on one side to full droop on the other, I may see it.... (heh, heh.. I guess I know what I'm gonna be doing with a cut off wheel on my grinder this weekend).

Those tires you are thinking about seem like a popular choice/size on this forum. Have you read or thought any about any additional issues going from the stock 31" to a 33" diameter tire ? I know it won't rub on anything now that you have the clearance with the lift, but what about speed-o recalibration, etc. ?

The ProComp Tires that I have on order are only about 1/2"-3/4" taller and about an 1" wider. I found a cool little tire calculator online that gives you a visual example of the differences as well as the numerical differences. You can even see the side and front view of what you are comparing. Check this out: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

As for deals in town here. I order a lot of stuff up from the states but I couldn't find a better price than Willie Dodge of all places ! It's wierd, but a buddy of mine turned me on to them for tire pricing. I would have never thought of the local Dodge dealer as having good prices on tires but, he kept raving about them being able to beat anyone in town. As it turns out, their parts manager has a wheel and tire fetish or something and they have some sort of amazing buying power. They stock something rediculous like 6000 tires locally. Anyway, I guess they can order anything in... except as it turns out the size of ProComp that I need :-( I think the last I heard is that a container of them was hitting their master distributor this week. Hope mine are in there. Hey.... maybe that's what I will get the wife for Christmas :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Willie Dodge?!?!? Really... go figure.

Well I knew a one of the Willie boys', Chris as he ran the shop that did tons of work on my old GM K2500 4x4.
Definitely a great and solid guy and rather car dude as well. So I shouldn't be surprised that someone in the family dealer was fully into car parts.

I will call them up when I refresh my tire quotes. Thanks for the heads up :)

In my time in this form I have learned to listen to several solid people, and when it comes to tires NorCal 4x4 and Pops are excellent sources.

Pops has had these 325/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers installed on his stock Armada, no rubbing, and again on PRG Mini lift and then on 6" PC lift he has now.

Several others have reported running these tires ON STOCK RIMs without rubbing.

If your search NorCal 4x4 and Bilsteins I think you will find lots of info on HDs and 5001s.

However, if you are happy, and if I need to, can borrow your grinder... I might start leaning towards the 5001s :bouncy:

For now I am keeping my stock rims. One day I want to pick up some 5 or 6 spoke alloy (not chrome) nice 18"ers and BedLine them Black... I love that look.

I also like the 2011 Stock Chrome 20"ers, however, I really don't like the price of the 20" tires. So I am not taking that route seriously.

Discount tire has a nice tire size calculator. It not visual, but it gives me the raw data that I need.

Tire Size Calculator - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like you have been in Victoria a while. I was born and raised here too. I remember working for the old man Wille when I was in high school ! I recall one of his kids (I think it was the one you know), owned the Victoria Automatic Transmission shop and ran a big dollar ProStreet drag car.

Let me know if you need a tool or something. If I can help I will. My shop is small but organized. It's good to keep these sort of local contacts for when we want to place a bulk buy. My boss has a 2004 Titan and he is on here occasionally too. :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
got a question for ya. oh sorry im nate and im new to the titan world and i have a 2010 pro4x and it came factory with 275/70/18. I just ordered a 3"front and 2" rear mini lift, do you have any info on the pro4x sus compared to regular 4x4.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
got a question for ya. oh sorry im nate and im new to the titan world and i have a 2010 pro4x and it came factory with 275/70/18. I just ordered a 3"front and 2" rear mini lift, do you have any info on the pro4x sus compared to regular 4x4.
its basically the same. there is nothing that is different that matters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts