Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 4x4 crew cab and recently installed the PRG mini lift kit, here is my feedback and some advice for those thinking about doing it themselves. I spent about 3.5 hours with a buddy, which included a run to the local hardware store for nuts.. see below.

-Let's start off by saying I am very pleased with the results and the quality of the kit is top notch.
-I added a set of Nitto Grapplers on the stock SE rims 305/70R17. No rubbing at all and all I did was remove the mud flaps. No need to do the pinch weld mode.

-Only problem I had during the install was there were no new nuts to go with the new rear u-bolts:huh: , so I had to make a trip to the local hardware store... 9/16 fine thread did the trick.
-The rear u-bolts are also a little longer than I thought they should be, but I am going to trim those next weekend.

This is the one piece of advice I think most important from my experience. When seperating the upper ball joint the instructions say to use a small sledgehammer!!! Save your truck and use a "gear puller" got mine at harbor freight for 14.99. It worked awesome!!! It was like opening a wine bottle.. Admin wont let me post a link, but if you do a search on "gear puller harbor freight" you will see what I am talking about.

At the end of the day I would not change a thing, this is a great product and well worth the money.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.