Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the PRG mini lift Kit. But before i purchase i would like to ask some questions to the knowlegable. Should i get the prg endlinks as well with the mini lift, and what is the biggest tire size i can safety get away with using the mini lift 2.5'' front and 1'' rear. Also i plan to buy the bilstein 5100 front and rear (Is this a good choice for me)

thanks in advance.

-Gregory

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon guys i could really use the assistance...morning bump!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes get the end links so you dont flip you sway bar cause in the end youll need them, but there are plenty threads on what size you can get 35x12.5 on stock rims should be the biggest, idk too much on the shocks cause i went coilovers

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
2008+ 4X4 springs plus 5100 shocks will give you about the same lift in the front.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The 5100's raise the truck 1/2" over stock. You could get the 2" mini lift up front and the 5100's and you shouldn't have to worry about coil bucket contact. Or, the 5100's set on the second notch with 08+ coil springs should be about the same. I have this setup on the lowest setting and gained 2" with a much better ride than with spacers. I took my swaybar off after this install and the ride is really smooth with very little sway. For tires, 35x12.50's will fit with trimming at the pinch weld and reshaping if the inner fender lining on stock rims.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 5100's raise the truck 1/2" over stock. You could get the 2" mini lift up front and the 5100's and you shouldn't have to worry about coil bucket contact. Or, the 5100's set on the second notch with 08+ coil springs should be about the same. I have this setup on the lowest setting and gained 2" with a much better ride than with spacers. I took my swaybar off after this install and the ride is really smooth with very little sway. For tires, 35x12.50's will fit with trimming at the pinch weld and reshaping if the inner fender lining on stock rims.
So to get the best ride i should go with the 5100's and 08 4x4 coils up front. TWO more things Mack207 where can i find the springs and im looking to run the terra 305/50/R20 on a set og liquid metal Coil's 20x9 with +18 offset. Only because i am unexperienced in this area will this tire rim combination be able to bolt right up with the added lift without doing any fab'n?

Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yes best ride up front with the 5100's and 08+ 4x4 coils, unless you want to break bank and get coilovers. I got my springs from Fontana Nissan. They're a supporting vendor here with great service and price. Shoot them a PM and they'll set you up.

I'm no expert on wheel/tire combos, so maybe someone else will chime in on that. From what i know, wheels with a 5.71 backspace and +18mm offset are closest to stock and work best.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes best ride up front with the 5100's and 08+ 4x4 coils, unless you want to break bank and get coilovers. I got my springs from Fontana Nissan. They're a supporting vendor here with great service and price. Shoot them a PM and they'll set you up.

I'm no expert on wheel/tire combos, so maybe someone else will chime in on that. From what i know, wheels with a 5.71 backspace and +18mm offset are closest to stock and work best.
Awesome Thxs Mack, i will shoot fontana a pm and see what they can do, and i think i will get the endlinks to complete the overhaul as well.

Thanks gents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts