Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking into getting a set of these adjustable rear shackles....looks like they are about 140.00. anyone have any issues with these. supposedly they wont change ride quality.. i want to lower the rear end of my truck 1'' so it sits a little higher in the front. anyone have a used set they are getting rid of ? thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
No issues with mine. Just make sure to grind the little metal tab off the inside before you put them on. You don't want that to damage your bushing. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Check these out. It's from a local fab shop near my house. I've used their leveling spacers before. Nice guys.

Drop-Shackles

Reactions: ostaF and 08crewcab

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No issues with mine. Just make sure to grind the little metal tab off the inside before you put them on. You don't want that to damage your bushing.

grind the tab off of the new shackles or is there a tab on my truck i need to grind?

sweet deal madrock! 70.00 is looking much better than 140.00....i just woner if there are any issues with these...? do you run them? they look a lot different than the prg ones.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I talked to one of the owners of the shop, and he has not had any issues. It's not rolled like the 04-07 Titan shackles. They look pretty solid to me. If I would have kept my 06 Titan, I would have picked up a set of these in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
grind the tab off of the new shackles or is there a tab on my truck i need to grind?
There are tabs on the truck that will need to be taken down. Once you pull the old shackles off the truck, you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I'd like to see a larger picture and not one taken in a dark alley of those other shackles. Not that I'm doubting them, but seriously, who takes a 200x200 picture, in the dark, for advertisement? Are they trying to hide something from the consumer that they don't want us to see? Just sayin'....

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
No issues with mine. Just make sure to grind the little metal tab off the inside before you put them on. You don't want that to damage your bushing. :cheers:
No need to grind those metal tabs off any longer. Greg (PRG) redesigned them so you don't have to do this. I asked Greg specifically on this because I forgot to grind mine down. Thats when he told me I had purchased the newer design.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
No need to grind those metal tabs off any longer. Greg (PRG) redesigned them so you don't have to do this. I asked Greg specifically on this because I forgot to grind mine down. Thats when he told me I had purchased the newer design.
Well then.....................................Thanks for making me look like an idiot! HAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Reactions: layer1

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'd like to see a larger picture and not one taken in a dark alley of those other shackles. Not that I'm doubting them, but seriously, who takes a 200x200 picture, in the dark, for advertisement? Are they trying to hide something from the consumer that they don't want us to see? Just sayin'....
I wouldn't say that someone who is not proficient at photography or web design as having something to hide. Those that use computer generated renderings of their products must really have something hide.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
i didnt use prg shackels, but i did install some shackles on my truck. They seemed to be a little to wide for the hanger back there, and took some coaxing to get thim seated. Again this is NOT prg hardware, and im sure his are a better fit.

when you have the old ones off, be sure to take care of that bed seam right above the shackle. you will have to bend it over or cut it off. If not the shackle will hit it, and squeak like mad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts