Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered from PRG today the Icon front coilovers and deaver spring pack for the rear.

I am using these upon Greg's recommendation to replace my current setup which isn't working for me which is Bilstein 5100's in the front on the 0 lift setting with PRG mini lift blocks in the front and back.

Anyone else have the Icon coilovers? I am pretty excited, can't wait to get this setup on my truck. Greg says 3 inches in the front lift and 2.5" in the back which overall will lift me another inch higher than what I am currently at, which would be perfect for me.

:redblob"

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Did he say anything about the upcoming Titan Motor Mounts? :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Congrats Ben, I am ordering my kit/tires this week when my money transfers. So stoked. :teethmast

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so your using this setup with your mini lift?
If the rear end isn't high enough for me (which I think it will be) I may use the rear block, but the front spacers are coming out for sure.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just ordered from PRG today the Icon front coilovers and deaver spring pack for the rear.

I am using these upon Greg's recommendation to replace my current setup which isn't working for me which is Bilstein 5100's in the front on the 0 lift setting with PRG mini lift blocks in the front and back.

Anyone else have the Icon coilovers? I am pretty excited, can't wait to get this setup on my truck. Greg says 3 inches in the front lift and 2.5" in the back which overall will lift me another inch higher than what I am currently at, which would be perfect for me.

:redblob"
What made you go with the icons instead of the SAWs? Did you get the UCA also? just asking because I am going to purchase the extended travel pkg next week. Ive got the mini lift too but want 1 or 2 more inches

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What made you go with the icons instead of the SAWs? Did you get the UCA also? just asking because I am going to purchase the extended travel pkg next week. Ive got the mini lift too but want 1 or 2 more inches
I called Greg and told him what I use my truck for (it never goes off road) and what I wanted (a much smoother ride and about another inch higher than the mini lift combined with Bilsteins was giving me) and this is what he recommended.

I based my purchase decision purely on what he recommended, he said I couldn't get a better ride than the Icon's would provide, I am hoping he's right! :teethmast

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I called Greg and told him what I use my truck for (it never goes off road) and what I wanted (a much smoother ride and about another inch higher than the mini lift combined with Bilsteins was giving me) and this is what he recommended.

I based my purchase decision purely on what he recommended, he said I couldn't get a better ride than the Icon's would provide, I am hoping he's right! :teethmast
I run the Icon's in the front. It has a nicer ride than stock, I also don't go offroading. I didn't do anything in the rear, left it stock other than Icon rear shocks.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Right on. Congrats on the new suspension. I can't believe you got a hold of greg. I can never get a hold of him. He never answers. Let us know how it rides and looks when you get them on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thats funny i just went from SAWS to the Radflow2.5 ext res and he said they had the best ride lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run the Icon's in the front. It has a nicer ride than stock, I also don't go offroading. I didn't do anything in the rear, left it stock other than Icon rear shocks.
He says they come set for 2 inches of lift in the front which should level your truck. Is that the case with your Icons?

Then you can also dial them in for one more inch, which I plan on doing.

I am sitting at about 2 1/4 inches of lift with my Bilstein/PRG Spacer in the front, so I guess I should be gaining about 3/4 of an inch more with the Icons cranked all the way.

Reason I went with the deavers is b/c I often put a snowmobile in the back of my truck in winter and my suspension was squatting way too much. I would get headlights flashed at my all night long b/c I was blinding people with my lights tipped up that high. Greg also says it will help when I am towing my race trailer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats funny i just went from SAWS to the Radflow2.5 ext res and he said they had the best ride lol
I think what he meant was for my particular application. Your truck is a lot more modified that mine, and your running big awesome tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats Ben, I know how you feel. Just ordered the same Icon coilovers and rear shocks for my 04. Can't wait to get um! Hawaii shipping takes a little longer, but just like Christmas when it gets here!Let us know how intall goes! Mahalo!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, after talking to a few other people, and again to Greg, I came to the conclusion that the icon coilovers might not be the best choice for keeping my current ride height and getting a better ride out of it at the same time.

Greg providing his usual top notch customer support this morning had me check a few things on the truck while I was on the phone with him, and he determined my best course of action was to upgrade to the Radflo 2.5 shocks with Eibach springs and the PRG upper control arms. More money I know, but honestly this is the third "upgrade" I've made to my suspension and I want it to be the last. Might as well do it right.

Now I play the waiting game...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just ordered radflos for all 4 corners from PRG. UCA, his new deaver springs, and shackles. I will be selling my prg mini lift once I get my extended travel pkg installed. Wanted SAWs all the way around but decided to go with radflows.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, after talking to a few other people, and again to Greg, I came to the conclusion that the icon coilovers might not be the best choice for keeping my current ride height and getting a better ride out of it at the same time.

Greg providing his usual top notch customer support this morning had me check a few things on the truck while I was on the phone with him, and he determined my best course of action was to upgrade to the Radflo 2.5 shocks with Eibach springs and the PRG upper control arms. More money I know, but honestly this is the third "upgrade" I've made to my suspension and I want it to be the last. Might as well do it right.

Now I play the waiting game...
Did you get your suspension installed yet?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you get your suspension installed yet?
No, sadly dealing with Greg is a lesson in patience. After changing my order I cannot get him to return any phonecalls or emails. My coilovers showed up randomly last week, and he charged my credit card for the full amount without giving me an invoice of any kind. Still no upper control arms or deavers. :bangit:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The coilovers come straight from radflo. Deavers won't be sent till this week. I spoke to greg Thursday.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The coilovers come straight from radflo. Deavers won't be sent till this week. I spoke to greg Thursday.
Yeah but Greg told me he was putting the deavers in a box to send to me while I was on the phone with him 4 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts