Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears the PRG trans mount I upgraded to tore at the welds and lasted less time than the OEM mount. Truck is at the dealership and I'll have the mount in hand tomorrow to post pics. Another kick in the nuts is that due to the PRG mount being after market, they won't cover replacing it for the OEM one. Funny thing is, they wouldn't cover the OEM mount when that tore 5000 miles back since they blamed it on the truck being lifted. Always an excuse.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Ha sounds like he didn't weld it hit enough. Where's that Facebook guy at who is always talking **** about DK and doesn't stop talking about how prg is so perfect.

That sucks mucho! I'd be livid with prg.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That blows. There was a post on here about a frontier mount that supposedly works better than OEM. Maybe try that one?

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Schit happens. It's part of life. Just so long as it doesn't happen too often........

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
get cha boy that welded up your rack to re-weld it?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha sounds like he didn't weld it hit enough. Where's that Facebook guy at who is always talking **** about DK and doesn't stop talking about how prg is so perfect.

That sucks mucho! I'd be livid with prg.
Haha, well Greg is sending me another one free of charge. He said it's designed to tear at the welds if something binds and not rip out the threads. Thing is, I've been driving this truck like I'm qualifying since I bought it and the OEM mount lasted 25k, not sure how this beefed up one broke after 5k. Anyway, the Metalworx off road bars I ordered from Brandon will be in this week. I'll post pics once everything is set up.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Shouldn't the polyurethane tear first? Lol that makes no sense to me. Traction bars are awesome. You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldn't the polyurethane tear first? Lol that makes no sense to me. Traction bars are awesome. You're gonna love it.
Haha, I agree, apparently Nissan's polyurethane is stronger than steel...yeah Nissan! Anyway, the traction bars are suppose to reduce 90% of the load on the springs so problem solved.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Haha, I agree, apparently Nissan's polyurethane is stronger than steel...yeah Nissan! Anyway, the traction bars are suppose to reduce 90% of the load on the springs so problem solved.
get ready for drift city. its awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts