Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an x-pel installer close to me this weekend and was wondering about opinions re the price. 665.00 for the entire kit: hood, fenders, bumper, headlights/fogs/ and door edge. Seems kinda pricey compared to what I paid for my Maxima (450). Has anyone had a clear bra installed yet? If so how much did you pay? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
Found an x-pel installer close to me this weekend and was wondering about opinions re the price. 665.00 for the entire kit: hood, fenders, bumper, headlights/fogs/ and door edge. Seems kinda pricey compared to what I paid for my Maxima (450). Has anyone had a clear bra installed yet? If so how much did you pay? Thanks!
Let me ask the guy who did mine and get back to you. What level of film are you getting? 8mm, 20mm or 40mm

I paid $45 for the head and fog lights using a 20mm film.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrumaner said:
Let me ask the guy who did mine and get back to you. What level of film are you getting? 8mm, 20mm or 40mm

I paid $45 for the head and fog lights using a 20mm film.
Im not sure what thickness I was quoted......is that all you got was the light protection?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
Im not sure what thickness I was quoted......is that all you got was the light protection?
Yes, all I got at this time was the light protection. I am planning on covering the entire hood and bumpers when I get back from my road trip at the end of the month. I wish I could do it before but I don't have the time (or money).

I am going to lay on a lot of wax before I go and buff it out when I get there. Then do the same thing on the way back. Hopefully that will keep the chips way down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
rrumaner said:
Yes, all I got at this time was the light protection. I am planning on covering the entire hood and bumpers when I get back from my road trip at the end of the month. I wish I could do it before but I don't have the time (or money).

I am going to lay on a lot of wax before I go and buff it out when I get there. Then do the same thing on the way back. Hopefully that will keep the chips way down.
450.00 FOR THE WHOLE KIT...WWW.AUTOSUPERSHIELD.COM

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
giddyup said:
450.00 FOR THE WHOLE KIT...WWW.AUTOSUPERSHIELD.COM
Installation will cost you about $300 for the stock kit if I read that site right - 3 hours.

I am not connected in any way with this stuff or any company that sells or installs it. I do, however, have some knowledge of how it is applied and unless you are experienced at installing it, a professional should be your first choice. The guy who did mine has been doing these kits for over 2 years and is an authorized installer who has the equipment to cut any vehicle's pattern in any of the thicknesses available.

I spent enough time watching him to know it is more than just press and play. There is a definate art to knowing when to apply which section and when to heat which area to get it to either stretch or adhere. With our truck, there are a lot of curves, dips and corners that will cause you all sorts of headaches if you do them in the wrong order.

Just my opinion, yours my vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts