Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price Quotes what do you think?

Well so far these are the 3 best.

$30,020 and less than 2k for 7yr/100k warrenty (a 1 hour 30 min drive)

$30,700 and more than 2,290 for warrenty (local)

$30,797 and also around 2k for the warrenty (local)

SE CREW CAB 4x2, Titanium Interior, Bed Uti pkg, off rd pkg, big tow pkg, RF Cpt Chair pkg and sliding bed extender.

Colors Canteen or Smoke (havent decided yet)

What do you guys think? :computern

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Cienfuegos said:

SE 4x2, Titanium Interior, Bed Uti pkg, off rd pkg, big tow pkg, RF Cpt Chair pkg and sliding bed extender.

I would take the best offer to the local guys and tell them match this or else.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that via email, I guess in order for them to really play ball I am going to physically go to the dealer show that I am serious and see if they come down even more.

The way i look at it , if I save that 700 I can put that towards the extended warrenty.

Ofcourse if the warrenty is over 2k then forget that the other dealer already told me less than 2k.

I am going to wait towards the end of the month before I start to visit dealers. Only thing is then they want to push whats on the lot, and so far its been my experiance nobody has what I want exactly and I am not going to settle for less than what I want in options and pkgs. :teethmast

Anybody really know what the price on the 7yr/100k warrenty is???? :huh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid about $2,000 for mine 7 years/100,000miles gold preffered warranty.

The guy blew a bunch of smoke up my *** saying that he misquoted me and his cost was $2,500 but he was going to give it to me at 2,000 any way. Then going on about how he was going to get hell from his manager, but he'd do it for me. I was planning on getting it anyway, but the performance was pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Panda said:

The guy blew a bunch of smoke up my *** saying that he misquoted me and his cost was $2,500 but he was going to give it to me at 2,000 any way. Then going on about how he was going to get hell from his manager, but he'd do it for me. I was planning on getting it anyway, but the performance was pretty entertaining.
I love their theatrics.....I wonder what acting school these guys go to?

Does the 7 years start from the in-service date or does it start when the 3 year bumper-2-bumper is up......thus giving upto 10 years of warranty coverage?

·
Registered
739 Posts
my $0.02

I think when you go down to the local (I would go to the one with the lower warranty cost) you will be able to get him to match or come a little closer to the one in the other town. For a couple of hundred - go with the local guy, it is better to have a relationship with them (IMHO - some others disagree) when/if issues come up. It is always nice to have a good relationship with the sales guys who you can get to go to bat for you with the service guys if needed. It has helped me in the past.

If you are happy with the lowest quote you got so far, go to the local now and get your deal. You will sleep better and get the whole issue off your mind. IMO - waiting when you know what you want just causes sleepless nights.

good luck and cheers!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Panda said:

This guy was giving you a line! AND they ALL DO! When I bought my truck the finance person I was dealing with was pushing the very same story! What he didn't know was that I had already price the warranty's at alot of other dealer's for the same exact 7yr. 100k gold preffered. He tried to sell it to me at RETAIL! Which was $2950.00! :huh: I told him I had alot better price's from dealer's I wasn't even buying from! I then told him about my problem's with the interior on my truck and that I preffered to do business with the dealer I'm buying from. But at those prices I'll get it from someone else! He said what prices are you getting! I told him $1575.00 was the lowest I got. He said that was Below his COST! I said WELL show me your COST! He open his book and show me a price of $1495.00 and then said he had mad a mistake on the price! I told him I'LL take it for that price! He said he would be selling it at a lose for that, because there are fee's they have to pay for selling. I told him If he wanted the sale he would have to give me a deal! I can go and buy it at another dealer. Well to get to the point, what I'm trying to say is you have to be able to DEAL with them! I ended up getting this for there cost! $1495.00 why? because they wanted me to be happy with there dealership! And I have been very happy with them! Do not be AFRAID to deal with them on anything! You can buy the extended coverage at any time up to the 36k miles. So dont be in a rush! :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
I love their theatrics.....I wonder what acting school these guys go to?

Does the 7 years start from the in-service date or does it start when the 3 year bumper-2-bumper is up......thus giving upto 10 years of warranty coverage?
Yes they start at the in service date. so subtrac 3/36 :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hwwaaahhhhh said:
Favorite line:

"I don't even know if my boss will say 'yes' to this price!" :boxing:

My Favorite

"I will talk to my Sales Manager and fight for you"

:jester:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am a federal worker (okay make that employee :jester: ) and our credit union beat the dealers finance, I think that they even offer a extended warranty for less. A co(employee :) ) just bought a used car and he got a 2 yr ??000 mile warranty through them.

Good luck on your truck!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I contacted all the dealers that gave me a quote, I told them they need to meet or beat the lowest quote and gave them a number$$ for the warrenty that I was willing to pay for (thank you deepwater). We will see what happens when they respond. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
I contacted all the dealers that gave me a quote, I told them they need to meet or beat the lowest quote and gave them a number$$ for the warrenty that I was willing to pay for (thank you deepwater). We will see what happens when they respond. :rolleyes:
Thats what were here for! To help one another out when we can! Good Luck!! Let me know how it turns out! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cienfuegos said:

SE CREW CAB 4x2, Titanium Interior, Bed Uti pkg, off rd pkg, big tow pkg, RF Cpt Chair pkg and sliding bed extender.

Are those prices "on the road" or are those plus tax,etc.......they seem high for a 4x2 SE.....for a couple of thousand or less you could have a 4WD LE............
:gunz:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JAKE04TITAN said:
Are those prices "on the road" or are those plus tax,etc.......they seem high for a 4x2 SE.....for a couple of thousand or less you could have a 4WD LE............
:gunz:
Ya I could but I dont have a need for it, also for that extra money I get my extended warrenty.

I think the price alright from what I have seen on the board.

Lowest quote is $400 over invoice from kbb.com

But I have to wait and see what the dealers tell me.

:computern

·
Registered
183 Posts
I thought someone on this forum posted the actual cost for the 7 yr/100,000 was around $750!!

End of month is a good tool - unless you end up ordering one from the factory.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just recieved my first email from a dealer after contacting all of them again.

I have to say that Donald from West Palm Auto Mall is the man he and been nothing but great, responds to all my emails quickly, and is very straight forward.

He told me flat out that the 7yr/100k warranty was $1402 which is the best number I have seen for the warranty.

Also an update as far as my purchasing quest...

I was talking with my brother inlaw and he bought his last vehicle a Toyota Sequoia (sp) Limited from an auto broker and said he got a good deal. So he gave me the guys number and I already contacted him. Hopfully he will come back with good news and good numbers. He will also deliver the truck to my house.

I also wanted to say thank you to everybody on the board that has helped me in one way or another with decisions and information for my purchase.

TITAN TALK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts