Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Maybe it's a mental thing....you know if its expensive it must be good. Just like the big 3 do. Lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
But you wo
Yeah, I was kind of enticed when the 2020's were announced, because the main thing I wanted that my truck doesn't have is a sunroof. But The price now puts it neck and neck with an equivalent ram rebel. F-150s are still more, but you can configure those things so many different ways I'm sure there's some method to get 90% of the features for the same price. That being said.... I can't see myself in any other truck. I loved the ram but the ticking hemi just bothers me more than it should. And I don't like the ride or the interior of the F-150.

That being said, it's unlikely I'll find a good enough deal later or even early next year on a 2020 titan to make me want to jump. If the MSRP difference were $2k, I'd consider it. But $6k? No.
But for those in the market... They should be able to find a good deal on a 2019 one would think when the 2020s are fully deployed on lots.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Charging for the spray in bedliner now too, I see. Even a base model S you have to buy the $1000 utility package to get it. Titans have gone from being equal or cheaper in price to equal or higher in price. $42k for a 2WD S Crew Cab with nothing but spray in bedliner. Starting 3-4k higher than the competition for a cheaper truck is not how you increase sales.

·
Premium Member
68,614 Posts
They will have just as much trouble selling the 20's as the rest. Hold out and watch the markdowns and discounts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately I think Titans are dead. I have owned three and very loyal but these constant missteps are killing them. If they were smart they would come in at 5-10K below everyone else on MSRP. They would get it back in the service department etc. Raising prices on a truck that has such low sales is ridiculously stupid. I do like the new 2020 and how it looks and the improvements, however the front end still looks heavy/bloated. Nissan as a whole is in deep doo doo also and that is worrisome. I find it hard to believe they are making money on the Titan. Love the truck but just not optimistic is all :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’m glad I bought my new 2018 when I did. It has everything I needed and wanted for a lot less money.
Yeah I'd have to get a pretty insane amount off MSRP to make me want to trade in my 2018 on a 2020. I bought my fully loaded 2018 Pro4x for $42k. MSRP was a bit over $54k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mean seriously. Look at these starting prices for a bottom feeder on sales volume. I'm convinced Nissan just want to remain a 'niche' and not really want to sell these things......

·
Registered
592 Posts
It'll also force me to look at the new Tundra.
I'll pay a premium for a Toyota, but I expect a discount for a Nissan.
My 2007 Titan was much cheaper than either a Tundra or Tacoma when I bought it. The good value was worth it.
My Q60 was much cheaper than a Lexus RC350, by nearly $10K....so I ended up with the Q60.
I have had small issues with both vehicles that I highly doubt the Toyotas would have had. But, I'm still ahead $$$$-wise even with the small issues.
Not gonna even look at Titan for $62K.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how pricing goes with the new Titan once they hit the lots. There are 2020 F-150s with some significant discounts, I'm sure the same goes for Ram and Chevy. If Nissan wants to compete there better be discounts...big discounts! lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how pricing goes with the new Titan once they hit the lots. There are 2020 F-150s with some significant discounts, I'm sure the same goes for Ram and Chevy. If Nissan wants to compete there better be discounts...big discounts! lol
The problem now is that the discounts will need to be even bigger than previously!
I feel like this is a strategy by Nissan to offer the same typical discounts as previously, but since the MSRP's have been bumped up, and the trims simplified, they'll lose less money than usual on a Titan.
Problem for higher MSRP's is that's what people use to initiate their vehicle shopping. True there will be deals, but you don't usually find out what the deals are until you sit down and really start investigating what offers and incentives are available. It's a lot of work, and if you are just a casual buyer the high MSRP is gonna put you off. People are gonna have to really want a Titan to get past that MSRP!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmm either Nissan is listening to all the pricing complaints, or there was just an error with the website before. The Pro4X with all packages has now dropped from over $60k to $58.5k. It looks like the running boards were removed from the package, but I'm not sure what else. It's getting closer to what it was before, at least lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you pick cloth instead of Leather and add the convenience package it will automatically add the utility package but not the moonroof and it totals $56,965.
If you pick leather it adds the moonroof, convenience and utility packages and that totals $58,500.

I may be in the minority but I could care less about a moonroof. My wife loves them but hardly ever uses the one in her SUV so kind of a waste of money for me.
I think the $56,900 MSRP is a little more tolerable depending on what kind of discounts they add.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
If you pick cloth instead of Leather and add the convenience package it will automatically add the utility package but not the moonroof and it totals $56,965.
If you pick leather it adds the moonroof, convenience and utility packages and that totals $58,500.

I may be in the minority but I could care less about a moonroof. My wife loves them but hardly ever uses the one in her SUV so kind of a waste of money for me.
I think the $56,900 MSRP is a little more tolerable depending on what kind of discounts they add.
I am in the same group about a moonroof. Red hair/fair skin = sunburn through the moonroof in the summer unless the cover is closed (meaning it's just like a normal roof) or it has crazy dark tint. I ended up getting it with my RAM because I didn't order from the factory, but still at least give us an option on whether to buy it or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
With the Diesel gone this will be my last Nissan. Hopefully by the time my 2017 dies I can afford the Cyber Truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 75 Posts