Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you pick cloth instead of Leather and add the convenience package it will automatically add the utility package but not the moonroof and it totals $56,965.
If you pick leather it adds the moonroof, convenience and utility packages and that totals $58,500.

I may be in the minority but I could care less about a moonroof. My wife loves them but hardly ever uses the one in her SUV so kind of a waste of money for me.
I think the $56,900 MSRP is a little more tolerable depending on what kind of discounts they add.
Yeah I'm the opposite lol. The one thing I really miss is a sunroof. I've always had one and use it ALL the time. When it's mild out, it's perfect having the sunroof open and HVAC off but circulation vent open. You don't get the noise from cracking the windows but still get good air flow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you pick cloth instead of Leather and add the convenience package it will automatically add the utility package but not the moonroof and it totals $56,965.
If you pick leather it adds the moonroof, convenience and utility packages and that totals $58,500.

I may be in the minority but I could care less about a moonroof. My wife loves them but hardly ever uses the one in her SUV so kind of a waste of money for me.
I think the $56,900 MSRP is a little more tolerable depending on what kind of discounts they add.
I've had them on quite a few cars and trucks. Our 17 Pathy SL has the full roof sunroof.......and like the others.......never gets opened. It's cool when it rains to watch it on the roof. LOL.

·
Registered
346 Posts
One item that is missing (may not be missing for all people) is an AWD mode. I wish it came with regular 2WD, AWD, 4 Hi and 4Low. This is something, they should add at the next refresh.

·
Registered
592 Posts
One item that is missing (may not be missing for all people) is an AWD mode. I wish it came with regular 2WD, AWD, 4 Hi and 4Low. This is something, they should add at the next refresh.
The lack of AWD is bugging me.
I am hoping that the Gen3 Tundra has it. The Armada has AWD and has basically the same underpinnings as the trucks, this is especially true of the Gen1 Armada and Titan. I sometimes daydream of putting an Armada AWD transfer case into my Titan, but it'd just be easier if Nissan offered it.
Especially with a tuned Titan, my 4WD truck is a handful in the rain, knowing that my truck does have 4WD but can't be used on the streets is annoying.

Yup, if Tundra offers AWD next time I'll jump ship.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
At least for the Rams different trim levels have the auto 4WD or manual 4Hi/Lo. My Rebel has the manual, but my co-workers Laramie has Auto. He says he likes to use it exactly for Turbo's situation of when it's rainy. I think AWD they'd have to come up with a more efficient engine as MPG's would suffer somewhat, and these trucks already never miss a gas station.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What is the warranty this time around? If they still had the 100k bumper to bumper I would consider.

My ‘17 now had 100k miles on it and it’s been a great experience. I’ve had some issues but all had been covered and my dealer experience has been great. I may benefit from living in Nashville and my dealer is 1 Nike from Nissan HQ so i would assume they have their stuff together more than some/most.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Good as they are for the everyday driving experience, none of these updates have improved the Titan's payload and tow ratings, which still sit at a disappointing 1,680 pounds hauling and 9,370 pounds towing when competing domestic trucks can haul hundreds of pounds more and tow thousands more

These review rags really need to quit worrying about penis size. Nobody, on a regular basis is hauling around 1600 pounds or towing 9,000 pounds. If they are they own a 3/4 ton truck. Trying to max out any half ton truck by pulling 9 - 11,000 pounds is just asking for trouble and premature wear and tear on parts. 99% of truck buyers never need the max capacity. At best they are using only ~2/3 capacity pulling around boats, camping trailers, horse trailers, atv trailers, snowmobile trailers etc.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Good as they are for the everyday driving experience, none of these updates have improved the Titan's payload and tow ratings, which still sit at a disappointing 1,680 pounds hauling and 9,370 pounds towing when competing domestic trucks can haul hundreds of pounds more and tow thousands more

These review rags really need to quit worrying about penis size. Nobody, on a regular basis is hauling around 1600 pounds or towing 9,000 pounds. If they are they own a 3/4 ton truck. Trying to max out any half ton truck by pulling 9 - 11,000 pounds is just asking for trouble and premature wear and tear on parts. 99% of truck buyers never need the max capacity. At best they are using only ~2/3 capacity pulling around boats, camping trailers, horse trailers, atv trailers, snowmobile trailers etc.
I don't tow that much, but when I need payload I'm usually loaded down with a full bed of dirt/mulch/gravel or a pallet of sod. I'll use every bit of the extra 250-ish pounds of payload that I have on the new truck, and I won't stress the truck as much as I did with my Titan.

It's not that the numbers aren't enough for almost every 1/2 ton owner, it's that they're nowhere near the competition. This all goes back to if you're going to price your trucks with the competition, you need to compete. I know, I know, I KNOW the Titans have massive discounts if you wait and are patient and find the right dealer and find the right truck and it's a full moon and the rooster crowed 7 times instead of 6.

Two trucks similarly equipped, one with 20% less payload/towing, but both priced the same which are you going to choose?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Payload isn’t that important to me but if I was trying to tow an RV with a 1/2 ton, it would matter and I’d look at something else. But that something else would end up being an F250 with the 7.3 “Godzilla” motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't worry, this time next year the left over 2020's will be available with $15k discounts.

The base models from the big 3 tow less than any Titan.

Payload #'s suck regardless. Fortunately I don't think I'll ever max it out so hopefully it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
592 Posts
But that something else would end up being an F250 with the 7.3 “Godzilla” motor.
I keep complaining to TFL and any other automotive source when they call the 7.3 "Godzilla". There is already a Japanese monster and a Japanese car named "Godzilla".
It is from the Japanese word "go ji ra".
I don't see what it has to do with a Ford.

They are good at naming motors usually, like the "Coyote" and "Voodoo".

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I keep complaining to TFL and any other automotive source when they call the 7.3 "Godzilla". There is already a Japanese monster and a Japanese car named "Godzilla".

Yeah, well according to publications, that's Ford's internal name for the motor and it seems to have stuck. I doubt they care about the name of a Japanese sports car.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Th

The name is perfect for the 7.3l.

Godzilla price...
Godzilla appetite for fuel...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I don't tow that much, but when I need payload I'm usually loaded down with a full bed of dirt/mulch/gravel or a pallet of sod. I'll use every bit of the extra 250-ish pounds of payload that I have on the new truck, and I won't stress the truck as much as I did with my Titan.

It's not that the numbers aren't enough for almost every 1/2 ton owner, it's that they're nowhere near the competition. This all goes back to if you're going to price your trucks with the competition, you need to compete. I know, I know, I KNOW the Titans have massive discounts if you wait and are patient and find the right dealer and find the right truck and it's a full moon and the rooster crowed 7 times instead of 6.

Two trucks similarly equipped, one with 20% less payload/towing, but both priced the same which are you going to choose?
It's penis measuring contest.

Two trucks similarly equipped, one with 20% less payload/towing which one would I choose?...the one I like the best. Like most people selecting a half ton they aren't buying it for the payload/towing capacity.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Naw, just have several parked that I can tell. Overflow inventory it appears.

Could be though. They’ve had them here before. But this was the only 2020. The rest are 19s

41 - 60 of 75 Posts