Nissan Titan Forum banner

Prices for 2020s

18K views 95 replies 27 participants last post by  TurboDA6 
#1 ·
Last year (2019) King Cab models started at $33,960, and Crew Cab models started at $36,680. According to CNET, new King S cabs (2020) will start at roughly $36190 and the Titan S crew cab will cost you $2,700 more. Looks like a 3k hike from one year to the next (truck to truck) although what the actual average transaction price ends up being remains to be seen.

2020 Nissan Titan Pricing per CNET

#8 ·
I just read the Car and Driver story on the Titan price increase.
I was kind of thinking about a 2020 P4X to replace my 2007 4x4 CC BT, but...nah!
Generally Titans become very competitive with the discounts that apply. Making some models thousands of dollars more than before seems to be a way to offset the loss of profit that the discounts must have had. I think Nissan anticipates that discounts will continue, so they just substantially upped the prices.
I need to wait and see what the Gen 3 Tundra is all about. Personally, I have too many hangups on the Gen 2.5 Titan to buy one at a higher price than I had anticipated.

#11 ·
I wonder if their is something wrong with the 2020 Titan configurator on the Nissan website. I could build a XD P4X with blue paint (my preferred), but when I tried to build a 2020 non-XD P4X it didn't give me blue as a choice, and, it also seemed like the truck didn't have any options that included tow mirrors.

Does that sound right? I can't get a 2020 P4X in blue with tow mirrors?

#15 ·
Yeah, unless their builder is messed up I have 4 color options for a Pro4X, forced to have moonroof, forced to have step boards, can't get tow mirrors. All for the low low price of $60k MSRP. Come on Nissan, you don't need to be Ford and Chevy with the billion options, but at least give us the illusion of a choice. $1000 for step boards? They better retract, cause you're getting into AMP running board prices at that point.

#17 ·
I am only interested in P4X, it's available in blue for XD P4X....I just think that's weird.

Yeah, unless their builder is messed up I have 4 color options for a Pro4X, forced to have moonroof, forced to have step boards, can't get tow mirrors. All for the low low price of $60k MSRP. Come on Nissan, you don't need to be Ford and Chevy with the billion options, but at least give us the illusion of a choice. $1000 for step boards? They better retract, cause you're getting into AMP running board prices at that point.
I built a new Corvette for $63K. Obviously, the Titan will still have incentives and the Corvette won't, but I'd rather drop the coin on a new Corvette than pay similar money for a Titan. I could just keep my 2007, what does a new Titan have over the old ones? I have Android Auto, headers, tune, Eaton rear diff....I was hoping Nissan could entice me to spend my money on a Titan...new Titan has better interior for sure, BUT not for $60K

#18 ·
Yeah...I just found part of the window sticker on my loaded P4X and it was around 54/55k instead the $57k I thought it was when I mentioned only a $3k difference above. Pricing out a fully loaded one now is $60,240. Granted that's with a sunroof, the new 9 speed and a far better screen for the infotainment but at that price I'd maybe consider something else. I already think the price of new vehicles is out of control. I'm divided on what's next. I don't keep any vehicle for too long but I don't want to eat into my MC budget either. So, I'll either learn to deal with keeping a vehicle more than 2 years (yeah, yeah...first world problem) or buy something less expensive. Maybe go back to a Frontier when the new ones are released which would be better for some off-road anyway. Good news is, I don't have to anything right now. ???

#19 ·
Yeah, I was kind of enticed when the 2020's were announced, because the main thing I wanted that my truck doesn't have is a sunroof. But The price now puts it neck and neck with an equivalent ram rebel. F-150s are still more, but you can configure those things so many different ways I'm sure there's some method to get 90% of the features for the same price. That being said.... I can't see myself in any other truck. I loved the ram but the ticking hemi just bothers me more than it should. And I don't like the ride or the interior of the F-150.

That being said, it's unlikely I'll find a good enough deal later or even early next year on a 2020 titan to make me want to jump. If the MSRP difference were $2k, I'd consider it. But $6k? No.

#23 ·
Charging for the spray in bedliner now too, I see. Even a base model S you have to buy the $1000 utility package to get it. Titans have gone from being equal or cheaper in price to equal or higher in price. $42k for a 2WD S Crew Cab with nothing but spray in bedliner. Starting 3-4k higher than the competition for a cheaper truck is not how you increase sales.

Reactions: Tristan Downey
#26 ·
Unfortunately I think Titans are dead. I have owned three and very loyal but these constant missteps are killing them. If they were smart they would come in at 5-10K below everyone else on MSRP. They would get it back in the service department etc. Raising prices on a truck that has such low sales is ridiculously stupid. I do like the new 2020 and how it looks and the improvements, however the front end still looks heavy/bloated. Nissan as a whole is in deep doo doo also and that is worrisome. I find it hard to believe they are making money on the Titan. Love the truck but just not optimistic is all :(

#34 ·
It'll also force me to look at the new Tundra.
I'll pay a premium for a Toyota, but I expect a discount for a Nissan.
My 2007 Titan was much cheaper than either a Tundra or Tacoma when I bought it. The good value was worth it.
My Q60 was much cheaper than a Lexus RC350, by nearly $10K....so I ended up with the Q60.
I have had small issues with both vehicles that I highly doubt the Toyotas would have had. But, I'm still ahead $$$$-wise even with the small issues.
Not gonna even look at Titan for $62K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.