Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was quoted 4600 dealer discount + 3000 in rebates for a Platinum 2WD, 46,500 + ttl. I think that's high considering I can get a 4x4 Lariat with 502a package or a Silverado 4x4 LTZ for the same price. I like the truck but the Nav in the Titan is so small, I believe it's the same NAV from a Juke. Titans are better built but their lacking so many options compared to the competition. 10K off and I would buy it. Dealer said no deal, so I'm off to another brand.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I was quoted 4600 dealer discount + 3000 in rebates for a Platinum 2WD, 46,500 + ttl. I think that's high considering I can get a 4x4 Lariat with 502a package or a Silverado 4x4 LTZ for the same price. I like the truck but the Nav in the Titan is so small, I believe it's the same NAV from a Juke. Titans are better built but their lacking so many options compared to the competition. 10K off and I would buy it. Dealer said no deal, so I'm off to another brand.
IMO, Gen1 always offered the best bang for your buck vs the Big Three. Time will tell with Gen2 how well the discounts will increase? Currently like you mention, the competition offers more for your dollar.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gotten a price of $9100 off on a 2016 F150 Platinum 4wd FX4 starting at $63k. I've had a real hard time budging them from there. He showed me his holdback, or at least the one they are willing to show. He explained that after the sales dept paid the service dept for new truck prep, his profit on the truck would be $132. I think he's pulling a fast one, but leftover F150 Platinums are not plentiful.

On the Titan side looking at a Platinum with off-road pkg, MSRP is $56k, and there is that $3k Black Friday discount, but I haven't been able to talk to the sales guy yet about numbers. If he offers me $4k discount, and he is in the ballpark on my trade, I am going to go Titan even though it has less equipment. I am trading in a 2010 Maxima that they have always serviced so it's known to them.

When it came down to it, this is a lot of money for a truck. Assuming my trade # is the same from both, and not including it here, I get $7k off from Nissan I would be at $49k vs $54k for the ford. Is the Ford $5k better for a older model year? I could fix some of those missing accessories for $5k!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Yeah, the Ford's will cost more than a Titan option to option. Anyone who says they are going to Ford aren't comparing apples to apples.

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all...curious what you guys think of this price I'm getting:

2017 Titan Crew Cab SL
2x4 Gas
Pretty much all the bells and whistles that come with an SL: blacker leather with accent stitching, spray in liner with bed lighting and track system, Nav, remote start (I think via the NissanConnect app), premium sound etc.
Dealer upgrades (which I really like):
[B08] BLACK FINISH GRILLE
[L92] CARPETED FLOOR MATS
[W09] WHEELS: 20" BLACK MACHINED (with Goodyear Wrangler tires)
[B93] SPLASH GUARDS

Sticker price is $51,800. The sales manager was pretty decent and straight forward. The initial offer I'm getting is $41,800 plus Tax/Tag and a $999 doc fee (Florida has the highest doc fee in the country). The numbers he's showing me show this as basically $2k under invoice and a total of $9,000 off after rebates, etc. The current rebate is set at $3500 and changes on Dec. 5th...he said it could go up or down.

I know the 2017s are pretty new, but if anyone has been pricing them out, I'm curious to see comparisons.

Thanks, D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've gotten a price of $9100 off on a 2016 F150 Platinum 4wd FX4 starting at $63k. I've had a real hard time budging them from there. He showed me his holdback, or at least the one they are willing to show. He explained that after the sales dept paid the service dept for new truck prep, his profit on the truck would be $132. I think he's pulling a fast one, but leftover F150 Platinums are not plentiful.

On the Titan side looking at a Platinum with off-road pkg, MSRP is $56k, and there is that $3k Black Friday discount, but I haven't been able to talk to the sales guy yet about numbers. If he offers me $4k discount, and he is in the ballpark on my trade, I am going to go Titan even though it has less equipment. I am trading in a 2010 Maxima that they have always serviced so it's known to them.

When it came down to it, this is a lot of money for a truck. Assuming my trade # is the same from both, and not including it here, I get $7k off from Nissan I would be at $49k vs $54k for the ford. Is the Ford $5k better for a older model year? I could fix some of those missing accessories for $5k!

So my update is that I bought a 2016 Titan XD Pro4x Gasser in gunmetal metalllic. It has the Pro4x convenience package and Utility and Audio package, but NOT the Pro4x Luxury package. That was unfortunate because I wanted the air-conditioned seats and surround camera, but he made me an offer I liked. The XD listed at $51,575. Because the luxury was missing he offered to tint the front side windows to help with summer heat. My OTD was $37k. So I got about $16k off before taxes including my trade. I was good with that number. Adding retractable steps in early 2017 when AMP Research has them available pout of pocket. Also looking at a tonneau cover, unsure which one though.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
lol so nice of him to offer a 50$ tint job :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
So my update is that I bought a 2016 Titan XD Pro4x Gasser in gunmetal metalllic. It has the Pro4x convenience package and Utility and Audio package, but NOT the Pro4x Luxury package. That was unfortunate because I wanted the air-conditioned seats and surround camera, but he made me an offer I liked. The XD listed at $51,575. Because the luxury was missing he offered to tint the front side windows to help with summer heat. My OTD was $37k. So I got about $16k off before taxes including my trade. I was good with that number. Adding retractable steps in early 2017 when AMP Research has them available pout of pocket. Also looking at a tonneau cover, unsure which one though.
Very cool. Not a bad price at all. Let's see some pics!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I got my 2017 pro4x last Thursday,

-8k discount
to 52k.
got them down to 48k

also got 22k for my trade in.
got out the door at 30k CAD
in Canadian color money that is

if you pay this much in USD your getting soaked..

also got running boards and 2 years maintenance plan for free

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2017 Titan (nonXD) gas SV with the comfort and convenience, luxury, towing, and utility packages for 43K. It has the electronic tailgate lock, floormats, and something else that I am drawing a blank on at the moment. I was happy with the deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I grabbed a 2017 Titan Pro4X fully loaded with the exception of the sunroof. Sticker was $53.6k got it for $46.9k out the door.

I did a few easy mods that are available so far. Undercover tonneau, Weather Tech liners and Rain guards (Bug guard didn’t fit), Tint and I got one of those doggie hammocks for the back seat so I don’t have to deal with Shepard hair all over the place lol.

Looking at the Calmini 6in lift and XD Grenade rims!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I grabbed a 2017 Titan Pro4X fully loaded with the exception of the sunroof. Sticker was $53.6k got it for $46.9k out the door.

I did a few easy mods that are available so far. Undercover tonneau, Weather Tech liners and Rain guards (Bug guard didn’t fit), Tint and I got one of those doggie hammocks for the back seat so I don’t have to deal with
Shepard hair all over the place lol.

Pretty good price man. Loving my 2017 as well. Was ting a 6" too the calmini subframe sits really low as Honda pointed out on another thread. And RC lifts you have to cut etc.. and are very tall over 6" I really want a pro comp but one isn't out yet..

·
Registered
6 Posts

I did a few easy mods that are available so far. Undercover tonneau, Weather Tech liners and Rain guards (Bug guard didn’t fit), Tint and I got one of those doggie hammocks for the back seat so I don’t have to deal with Shepard hair all over the place lol.

Dog hammock? Do you have any more details.

·
Registered
19 Posts

which cover did you go with? Retrax??

1 - 20 of 69 Posts