Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of selling my '06 LE 4x4 and wanted to get some pricing advice. Has anyone recently bought or sold a 05-07 LE model and can share the sale price and how that compares to KBB? I am now asking $25K for mine which is $2K over KBB trade-in value and $1.5K under private party. I am really hoping I can get at least $1K over KBB trade ($23K for mine) which is a metric I've used for buying and selling cars for a long time now with some success. Is that still realistic in this market?

A quick look at AutoTrader and Craigslist in my area seems to indicate I am in the right ballpark, but there are not too many LE's listed, and less than 1/4 of the Titan's listed are 4x4 too. Mine has 29K miles for reference.

Any feedback?

Oh - I should add that I am selling to get a slightly smaller SUV since I use my truck daily as a business car and the Titan is too cumbersome - plus the wife doesn't like it as a family car and we could really use the 7 person seating in a SUV as well. I also am moving band equipment around with me on a weekly basis now, and I would rather have my drumset inside a vehicle than in the bed of a truck with a cover in the winter when it is cold and sometimes raining. Same story for ski trips too. The only time the Titan is a better fit for me is the 5-6 weekends it serves as my race support vehicle, but a SUV will work nearly as well. I am about to pull the trigger on a Denali.

I will miss my Titan - it is a great truck, but then again the new Denali is no slouch either.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
hmmm - seems like your in the right ballpark price-wise. But forget the denali and get an Armada - if you need bells/whistles get the Infiniti... Good luck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fox Delta said:
hmmm - seems like your in the right ballpark price-wise. But forget the denali and get an Armada - if you need bells/whistles get the Infiniti... Good luck!
Nope - wife doesn't like the Armada. We used to have one. Actually I prefer the new Denali to the Armada / QX56 anyway - the 380hp / 417ft-lb motor is a serious beast. :futwice:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
yeah I bet it is a beast - well at least you tried an Armada, gotta give ya credit for that!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the time we got it (2004) it was by far the best SUV around. At least to me it was. The major benefits vs. the GM's of that time were - power and tq, 5sd trans vs. 4spd, and nice tight rack and pinion steering. But the wife hated the seats and never liked driving it. She wanted the suburban back. Anyway - sold that one and went w/o a truck for 6 months and then I picked up another race car so I needed a tow vehicle. So I ended up getting the Titan after looking at the 2006 GM's, which were no better than the 2004's. However, the 2007 is a complete redesign and all of my issues have been addressed - steering is now rack and pinion with nice feel and no slop, chassis is far more rigid - even more than the titan / armada platform, trans is now a 6-spd, and the powerplant is beyond healthy. The only downside is lack of fold flat interior, but the 3rd row seats come out and the 2nd row captains chairs fold up relatively tightly behind the front seats, so it leaves enough room for my needs. And the interior quality in terms or materials used is much nicer now - very much on par with the infiniti - at least in the Denali which is what I'm looking at. But the QX56 isn't even an option because of the wife - otherwise I would give it a serious look.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw - I tried to trade it the Titan and the dealer would only give me $19K for it. KBB and Intellichoice trade-in value is $23K, so they are offering $4K under trade-in. I told them I would take $1K under. They said - sorry, we can't sell that on our lot because the market is so soft on Titan's right now. So I walked from the deal and they didn't try to stop me.

I had it listed at $24,900 for more than 1 week and zero calls so far, so I dropped it to $23,500. I would gladly sell at $22,500 now which is $500 under trade-in. That really sucks because I am used to selling vehicles for $500-1.5K over trade-in value depending. Even the Armada that I sold 2 years ago fetched $1500 over trade-in.

I guess nobody wants Titan's these days.

So I guess it stays with me like it or not - I am not giving it away.

Pretty sad resale on these things - I had no idea. $19K is 50% of MSRP and it is all of 18 months old, and they are selling 07's with the same equipment for $32K. It is going to be a shocker for anyone who tries to sell one of those 07's one year from now....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
wow that stinks - but I bet the market is soft on all gas powered trucks - BTW - what kind of racing do you do with your C4?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well - sure it is, but it can't be that soft. My buddy just picked up a 2001 2500HD 6.0L Chevy with 75K miles on it for $14,500 - those are total gas hogs and have similar towing capability to the Titan, but far less useable power. He needed the long bed for dirt bikes. Anyway - that is a 7 year old truck that stickered for around the same as my Titan.

I think the big issue is right now the deals on new trucks are so attractive that the 1-2 year old models are getting squeezed down to about the same value as a 3-4 year old truck. So probably if I waited another year or two it would still be worth about the same. At least that is my theory - watch in 2 years I'll try to trade it again and be offered $10K for it...... At that point what is the point of getting rid of it? Might as well keep it as a spare. haha...

Road racing is what I do - used to be with a vette, but now I have a NASA CMC Camaro. Good cheap fun!! :gunz:

·
Registered
639 Posts
C4RACER said:
btw - I tried to trade it the Titan and the dealer would only give me $19K for it. KBB and Intellichoice trade-in value is $23K, so they are offering $4K under trade-in. I told them I would take $1K under. They said - sorry, we can't sell that on our lot because the market is so soft on Titan's right now. So I walked from the deal and they didn't try to stop me.

I had it listed at $24,900 for more than 1 week and zero calls so far, so I dropped it to $23,500. I would gladly sell at $22,500 now which is $500 under trade-in. That really sucks because I am used to selling vehicles for $500-1.5K over trade-in value depending. Even the Armada that I sold 2 years ago fetched $1500 over trade-in.

I guess nobody wants Titan's these days.

So I guess it stays with me like it or not - I am not giving it away.

Pretty sad resale on these things - I had no idea. $19K is 50% of MSRP and it is all of 18 months old, and they are selling 07's with the same equipment for $32K. It is going to be a shocker for anyone who tries to sell one of those 07's one year from now....
I knew about the trade in value going in on the Titan and it sucks. I just couldn't handle the looks of the Tundra but after I get the Titan paid off and I'm in the market for a new truck... I might just have to buy one of the ugly frickin things!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is soft. I just bought a practically new '07 LE CC 4x4 OR for 25,000. That was $500 under loan value and well under trade-in for the truck. I was happy to get the deal because it was the truck I wanted. I plan on driving it for three to four years then giving it to my oldest son so the hit on trade-in value was of no concern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts