Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody priced the factory front struts for the titan yet? I blew my factory ranchos by overextending them with the junk daystar kit. Just trying to figure out how much I'm gonna have to spend. Or, is any other rancho models available yet. I thought I saw a thread with someone getting the 9000's. Any prices that would give me an idea would really help.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Anybody priced the factory front struts for the titan yet? I blew my factory ranchos by overextending them with the junk daystar kit. Just trying to figure out how much I'm gonna have to spend. Or, is any other rancho models available yet. I thought I saw a thread with someone getting the 9000's. Any prices that would give me an idea would really help.
that was me but when finally contacting rancho they will not be making any other than replacements for nissan until year end. i was bummed but if it was me take the daystar off and return it to dealer for replacement :jester: :jester: im kidding but that would be nice if it worked

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did take the daystar off but I have no idea how much new struts are gonna cost and then add dealer labor hours to it on top... No thanks. I just need to know how much the factory ranchos are. Its sunday and the dealership is closed. I cant get a price from them today. Its bothering me so bad that I cant wait until tomorrow to get a price.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Without knowing the part number, its hard to find a 'price'.

In general though from my experience with other full size trucks...the fronts should run you about anywhere from $70-$100 a piece and the rears around $70-$90 a set.

Then the labor to install them usually runss about $140 for struts and $80-$100 for shocks.

Chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would really like to know if this has been a problem for anyyone else. I have seen several Titans with the daystar kit and do all of them end up blowing their struts? Can a strut extender be installed along with the daystar kit to solve this?

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
some nissan dealers are actually selling titans with aftermarket wheels and daystar lifts installed. just like everything else, there is a wrong way to install and a correct way to install, but 1badtitan says he installed it correctly, so i'm still up in arms with what to do, because i have the daystars on order.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just looking at the daystar kit its not hard to understand why its possible to over extend the front shocks. I like the looks with the kit installed but will wait for a better way to achieve it. Its like they say "you get what you pay for".

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrong way and correct way???? What is the wrong way? Maybe I missed something. I am not perfect. I'm coming out of building mini-trucks and drag civics. This full size truck and lift thing is not the norm for me. Gimmie a hand please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts