Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing some research on lifting my Pro-4X and I think I've overlooked a crucial part and need someone to clarify for me. Are the Coils up front on a PRO-4X longer than on other 4wd?? I have read that they are longer by an inch. With that being said, would a 2.5" Rad Flo Coilover only add an inch to my truck?? Also how would that affect an extended travel kit?? The lift claims a 3 inch lift with the radflo Coil Overs so would I only get 2" of lift?? What if I went with a Pro Comp 6 inch lift?? This is a little more lift than I really want honestly but I am open to all suggestions. What kind of lift have other Pro-4X owners running?? Pro4Jakester has a sharp looking truck, what does he have??

Reactions: Pro4Jackster

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
So I've been doing some research on lifting my Pro-4X and I think I've overlooked a crucial part and need someone to clarify for me. Are the Coils up front on a PRO-4X longer than on other 4wd?? I have read that they are longer by an inch. With that being said, would a 2.5" Rad Flo Coilover only add an inch to my truck?? Also how would that affect an extended travel kit?? The lift claims a 3 inch lift with the radflo Coil Overs so would I only get 2" of lift?? What if I went with a Pro Comp 6 inch lift?? This is a little more lift than I really want honestly but I am open to all suggestions. What kind of lift have other Pro-4X owners running?? Pro4Jakester has a sharp looking truck, what does he have??
The diff is about an inch. I just put on a 6" pro comp on my pro4x with 2.5 radflo's in the frt and 2.0 radflo remote reservoirs in the back and IMO, Its not that big. I am just a little taller than when I had my level on there. Pro4jackster has a 6" pro comp stage 2.
lift finished 001.JPG

lift finished 008.JPG

This is what it looked like with a level.
2011 Pro4x blk grille 15.JPG

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have to admit that this has made me start to question whether I want to do a full-on lift given that I can only go for a maximum of 4" before it causes problems parking in the garage at home or work. I'm seriously starting to think that I might just use the PRG spacer / mini lift instead.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to admit that this has made me start to question whether I want to do a full-on lift given that I can only go for a maximum of 4" before it causes problems parking in the garage at home or work. I'm seriously starting to think that I might just use the PRG spacer / mini lift instead.
I currently have a 1.5" PRG Spacer up front and 1.5" Blocks in back and I can say that you don't get much more space for the tires in the wells. I am running 295/70-18 and I rub at full lock not to mention the loss in wheel travel. It looks good don't get me wrong but on a functionality stand point I lost more than I gained. I don't know what your time frame is but I'll probably be doing something different on mine as far as lift goes by the end of the year and if you want a crack at my mini lift I'll get you a deal on it.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
14,146 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO the 6" isnt very tall for the pro's like RBT said, and like already said, a medium spindle would be great. If i were to lift my truck I"d go with the cst 7 inch lift with coilovers. Supralative has the CST on his white pro4x, and it is sick. This is from before his new wheels...http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy...x12-50x20-toyo-open-country-mud-terrains.html
My problem with the CST is that it requires cutting and drilling on the frame. As does the Rancho and Rough Country Lift. Which leaves the 2 PRG lifts and the Pro Comp as the only options

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been doing more research as a result of this thread and the one I started for a similar project, and I guess I am going to just save my pennies and get the Pro-Comp Bracket / Radflo 6" lift package [link] that Greg @ PRG has put together. I'll probably pick up the Deaver C-30 springs as well.

Greg's description says it provides between 5-inches and 7-inches of lift depending on adjustment. As long as i can dial it in to the lower end of that spectrum, I should be fine. I just need to triple-check my measurements on the garage at home and make sure I'm not doing something that will keep me from getting my truck into (or out of!) the garage.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been doing more research as a result of this thread and the one I started for a similar project, and I guess I am going to just save my pennies and get the Pro-Comp Bracket / Radflo 6" lift package [link] that Greg @ PRG has put together. I'll probably pick up the Deaver C-30 springs as well.

Greg's description says it provides between 5-inches and 7-inches of lift depending on adjustment. As long as i can dial it in to the lower end of that spectrum, I should be fine. I just need to triple-check my measurements on the garage at home and make sure I'm not doing something that will keep me from getting my truck into (or out of!) the garage.
It sure would be nice to be like the big 3 and have half a million lift options and at less than a grand out the door. Oh well price to pay for power and amazing good looks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
If you can only go up 4", don't forget to consider the larger tires too. You will gain an inch or more of height just from 35s. My front fender measured 40.5" with a 2" PRG leveling kit plus 295/70 Nitto trails. Then, I gained 3.5 more inches (44") when I ditched the leveling kit and added a Pro Comp Stage II. That means the PC is a 5.5" lift minimum. Since then, I have cranked the coils up another inch for approx 6.5" of lift (45" at the front fender). You'll probably be okay with an Extended Travel PRG package and 34" tires if you want to stay under 4" total lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts