Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start off by saying I have visited this forum quite often since September 08 when I purchased my Titan Pro-4X but never posted anything. I now have a question that I might be able to get some help with.

I have about 25k on the truck and the tires are about done. I am looking to replace them and have seen a lot about the Terra Grapplers. I would like to go a little bigger and maybe do a leveling kit but have seen some leveling kits that will not work with the Pro-4X.

I do not do any off roading other than a few camping trips so I don't need anything too aggressive. I just like the look. I also use my truck to tow a boat and a car trailer. I also have a daughter that my wife can hardly lift into the back of the truck now so I can't go too big.

What would you guys suggest for a slightly larger stance with larger tires without going crazy on height or budget?

Pics would help too!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The maximum leveling kit height on a Pro-4X is supposed to be 1.5". Check out prgproducts.com
As for tires, most of the stock size and taller tires are heavier light truck versions, which will likely cause you to lose a mpg or two. I'd probably run the BFG AT KO in the LT305/65R18 which is 33.7" diameter.

Another thing I might consider with gas prices being high, is instead of lifting the front, getting an adjustable height shackle from prgproducts, and set them at 1" drop. Then run a passenger tire like the P265/70R18 (32.6" dia), which can about 25 lbs. less than the tire I mentioned above. Most cost less too, so you could put the savings towards new struts, like the Bilstein 5100's which will lift the front 1/2" on their lowest setting because of their spring perch position.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
and if you dont wanna spend $350 a tire...

325/60-18 Nitto Terra Grappler with the 1.5" level kit will look mint. Theyre nice and wide, give the truck a mean look but have very good road manners. I have 20K on mine so far I expect another 15-20k out of them. And I corner harddd and burnout like nobodys business

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Help guys! Will the 325/60/18 fit on the stock Pro4X rims? Should I do the PRG 1.5" Front and 1" rear? Would I be able to go with a 295/70/18 to fill in the fenderwells a little more? Im not concerned about fuel mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was running a set of 275-70-18 (33) BFG AT's on my stock wheels and a 1.5 level kit. They are slightly wider than stock and in my opininion are the type of tire that should come on any 4x4 truck. I just put on a a 6" PC lift and 35's. I was planning on taking them off of the rim and selling the tires if you are interested? They have 2200 miles on them and I paid $220 a tire. I will ship them to your house for $650. BTW they have white lettering on the sidewall. Cheers!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks for the Help guys! Will the 325/60/18 fit on the stock Pro4X rims? Should I do the PRG 1.5" Front and 1" rear? Would I be able to go with a 295/70/18 to fill in the fenderwells a little more? Im not concerned about fuel mileage.
325's are recomended for a 9" width rim, but a bunch of Titans have them on stock rims, and I've never seen any issues mentioned.

If you want to get rid of the rake just do the front, but if you like some nose down add a rear block too, although it might make it more noticable to your wife when lifting the kid into the back seat.

The 295's will more likely need front mud guard removal, and maybe trimming at the pinch weld, than the 325/60R18's since they are about an inch and half taller. They may also affect your torque converter ... slower locking into OD, (I have this with my 34's but didn't with a 33.5"). Lots of members run the 295's too though. [The 295/70R18 are 34.4" and the 325/60R18 are 33"].

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
had the 325s on stock rims for 6 months before getting the 9" wide monsters. no issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts