Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what tires to get. My stock tires on my 2013 pro4x are done.
I was checking on getting the Toyo AT2. Not the Xtreme, just regular AT2
I was told that they aren't available in 275 70 18 (Stock size) unless I get the LT tire and not the P rated.

Any help would be appreciated with this as ive hit a road block in terms of which At tires are available in the size I need??
BTW I don't need anything quite as aggressive as the Duratracs.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
whats wrong with LT? lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably nothing except for hurting my mpgs a bit I think. I just thought they might be overkill as I hardly pull anything over 3700 lbs and that's even rare.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really would like to get the Toyo tires but not sure if I should get the AT2 LT or the AT2 Xtreme (which I don't think is available in 275 70 18)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those Toyo's are nice sneaks... They have them in our size just load range E (10 ply) prolly last forever. I'm going thru this now. My '14 Pro has only 1/8th" tread left after only 11.400mi. The stock rubber sucks. My previous two Frontiers also had the same issue. The BFG's they put on there must be the weakest load range BFG has... I got a set of Mastercraft courser axt (made by Cooper and basically the same tire as the discoverer at3) for my last fronty and they held up superb and were good at anything I threw at them. Have the discoverer's put on the girls Xterra and 18k later they barely look used. Putting a set of them on the T next week 10 ply.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked the Hercules AT2's and they re $300.00 less otd a set than the Toyo AT2's. 10 Ply LT Tire so the same rating. They look to be a big improvement over the Original Hercules AT's.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I am trying to figure out what tires to get. My stock tires on my 2013 pro4x are done.
I was checking on getting the Toyo AT2. Not the Xtreme, just regular AT2
I was told that they aren't available in 275 70 18 (Stock size) unless I get the LT tire and not the P rated.

Any help would be appreciated with this as ive hit a road block in terms of which At tires are available in the size I need??
BTW I don't need anything quite as aggressive as the Duratracs.
Your stock tires are done because they are P tires instead of LT.

P tires are junk on a truck. Get the LT.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...3&autoModel=Titan Crew Cab&autoModClar=PRO-4X

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...3&autoModel=Titan Crew Cab&autoModClar=PRO-4X

I have these ones and they have been great...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, think ive nailed it to the Hercules terra tracs AT2.The stock tires weigh in at 46 lbs and the Hercules E rated tires are only 52.9 lbs. So not a huge difference in weight if your concerned about mpgs.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I've got about 50k on my at2's. in a wider size then what your looking at. They refuse to wear out.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I looked at a set of those Hercules and they are nice. I thought the depth on the tread was a little less then most AT tires. Did you notice that at all?
I went with the Greenball Kanati Trail Hogs. They look exactly like a Wrangler DuraTrack

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked at a set of those Hercules and they are nice. I thought the depth on the tread was a little less then most AT tires. Did you notice that at all?
I went with the Greenball Kanati Trail Hogs. They look exactly like a Wrangler DuraTrack
No not all. Depth is 16/32 So far I like them. I like the Toyos as well but these are a big improvement over the original Hercules AT. The set was $430 less than the Toyos so we will see how they perform.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was initially going to get the Toyo AT2's, then changed my mind and decided on the BGF AT KO2 but the 275/70/18 are back ordered for 5-6 weeks (which often means 8-9 weeks), so instead took a chance on... the Cooper Discoverer A/TW (all-terrain winter).

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - Discoverer A/TW?

Just had them put on last night we'll see how the perform. The yare only slightly louder than the Michelin LTX M/S2's I had on previously.

Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uk6RcCnfShY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDCUSlK1e8&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
169 Posts
I seen the Trail Hogs mentioned a lot on here but after looking at them I will stick with my USA Made Duratrac's, Up here in Canada the Trailer Hogs are $337.47/Tire for 275/60R20 and yet Wrangler Duratrac's are Regularly $324.99/Tire at Canadian Tire and currently on sale for $259.99/Tire and go on sale every couple of weeks. I was also told by my local Trail Hog dealer that they are made overseas (He thinks it was Indonesia or somewhere over there). Not saying they are a bad tire but I will stick with Duratrac's for cheaper. Might be a difference case in the US though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts