Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished logging my 15th hour of work on the front suspension. That's with air tools and on a lift. I won't go into the litany of issues I've run into, but I do have one lingering concern.

I'm upgrading to radflos later, but for now I've got the spacer. Once I had it bolted in up top and torqued to specs, the bolt hole at the bottom of the shock body didn't line up with the bracket on the lower control arm. It was fine front to back, bUT the shock attachment point was about 2" outside of the LCA bracket. I ended up loosening the top, securing the bottom, then tightening the top back down. Now I feel like I can see a bend in the shock/spring assembly. Am I being paranoid? Anyone else have this issue?

It's a 2014 Pro-4X, in case that matters.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
typically you leave the fasteners loose until the strut assy is in. once in hand tighten the top 3 bolts at the strut mount.
leave the bottom shock eye bolt loose until you load the suspension. once the truck weight is resting on the suspension, tighten the top 3 and lower bolt to spec.

same applies to upper and lower control arms.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just finished logging my 15th hour of work on the front suspension. That's with air tools and on a lift. I won't go into the litany of issues I've run into, but I do have one lingering concern.

I'm upgrading to radflos later, but for now I've got the spacer. Once I had it bolted in up top and torqued to specs, the bolt hole at the bottom of the shock body didn't line up with the bracket on the lower control arm. It was fine front to back, bUT the shock attachment point was about 2" outside of the LCA bracket. I ended up loosening the top, securing the bottom, then tightening the top back down. Now I feel like I can see a bend in the shock/spring assembly. Am I being paranoid? Anyone else have this issue?

It's a 2014 Pro-4X, in case that matters.

You might need to flip the spacer it only works one way.it it slanted on one sided which gives it a bent look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts