Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking the T in to get the lift put on today. Does anyone have any tips for an easy install. I was looking over the instructions which look outdated to me and it calls for some redrilling of some holes to make bigger and welding of the rear crossmember bracket which I thought the Procomp was all bolt on no modifying of the factory parts which is why I picked this kit. Also it says to use their sway bar adapter on the end links. Would I need to use these if I'm using the CST endlinks from PRG? Thanks, hopefully will all go smooth today.

·
Registered
984 Posts
From what I understand PC lift is the easiest of the 6". Shouldn't be a problem at all, and if I am not mistaken the drilling involves widening for the larger bumpstops.

If you have any questions just ask on here and someone will surely help out promptly

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand PC lift is the easiest of the 6". Shouldn't be a problem at all, and if I am not mistaken the drilling involves widening for the larger bumpstops.

If you have any questions just ask on here and someone will surely help out promptly
Thanks for the quick reply.From waht I skimmed over quickly I believe you are rt on that one but the welding through me off on the rear cross member and it also calls for drilling in lower rear control arm.

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/59005MX.pdf

·
Registered
899 Posts
There was no welding on mine that I know of.

1. Make sure you like your front ride height before getting the alignment. Make your coilover adjustments.
2. Take an extra pair of wheels for your front alignment if you have some. 4wheelparts nicked all four of my wheels with their alignment wheel-mount.
3. Tell them ahead of time that you want your parts back. If not who knows where your nuts and bolts will end up. They lost the bolts for my PRG leveling spacer.
4. Inspect every wheel and body panel for nicks and scratches before and after like a rental car walk around. I got a scratch on my front bumper and didnt notice it until I got home. Luckily the shop fixed it, but I think they were waiting for me to catch it.

Thats all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was no welding on mine that I know of.

1. Make sure you like your front ride height before getting the alignment. Make your coilover adjustments.
2. Take an extra pair of wheels for your front alignment if you have some. 4wheelparts nicked all four of my wheels with their alignment wheel-mount.
3. Tell them ahead of time that you want your parts back. If not who knows where your nuts and bolts will end up. They lost the bolts for my PRG leveling spacer.
4. Inspect every wheel and body panel for nicks and scratches before and after like a rental car walk around. I got a scratch on my front bumper and didnt notice it until I got home. Luckily the shop fixed it, but I think they were waiting for me to catch it.

Thats all I can think of right now.
Thanks for the tips especially about adjusting the coils before the alignment. I only have the 3" in the rear so hopefully I can get the frt to level with the back. Discount actually nicked my new rims taking it off the machine that balances them. Its on the inside but still bothers me. I actually made a list this morning listing everything I expected back from boxes to instructions....lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
. Would I need to use these if I'm using the CST endlinks from PRG?
no the cst endlinks completely replace the procomp ones and will save an hour install time as well.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**UPDATE**

ok checked in on it and minor things came up so maybe you guys can help:
1. is there a specific way or wrong way to mount the radflo's in the bucket?
2. the washer / spacer for the factory skid plate to fit was missing and seems like there is a 2" gap between the frt skid plate and where it bolts and thats hitting the bumper....any ideas?
3. no screw small enough to fit in the spindle to secure the bracket for the brake line.
other than that heres a peek.....
almost done.jpg

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
**UPDATE**

2. the washer / spacer for the factory skid plate to fit was missing and seems like there is a 2" gap between the frt skid plate and where it bolts and thats hitting the bumper....any ideas?
3. no screw small enough to fit in the spindle to secure the bracket for the brake line.
View attachment 119342
2. There wasnt a spacer on my other titan for the skid plate, it had the same heavy duty pita one too. Did they mount it in the correct spot?
3. Maybe drill the bracket out to fit a larger hole?

The truck looks sick. Those radflo's, tires, and wheels......"idhitit2:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
just got home from work wt duece dont keep me in suspense like this brotha hows everything comin together? she finished yet!!! i wanna see damnit...the back looks sexy as fuk

ur ?'s
no idea bout rads...i have saws
dont remember mine having a spacer the spacer was on the tow hook bracket but again i have mine removed due to the bull bar
i used the oem screw (sad excuse for a bolt) that came with the bracket back in the same place for the brake line bracket back on the spindle just bent the bracket a little to fit

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2. There wasnt a spacer on my other titan for the skid plate, it had the same heavy duty pita one too. Did they mount it in the correct spot?
3. Maybe drill the bracket out to fit a larger hole?

The truck looks sick. Those radflo's, tires, and wheels......"idhitit2:
Thanks. Ya it looked correct when I saw it but i will double check tomorrow.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I don't know the answer to any of your questions. I wish I could help.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got home from work wt duece dont keep me in suspense like this brotha hows everything comin together? she finished yet!!! i wanna see damnit...the back looks sexy as fuk

ur ?'s
no idea bout rads...i have saws
dont remember mine having a spacer the spacer was on the tow hook bracket but again i have mine removed due to the bull bar
i used the oem screw (sad excuse for a bolt) that came with the bracket back in the same place for the brake line bracket back on the spindle just bent the bracket a little to fit
lol.....thanks and ya its killin me too.you know what I dont think he had the tow hooks in now that you mention them and I didn't look either. that was the last pic taken ofthe day so I would say its done but he has to take it to get the alignment in the morining and then its mine. He said expect it around noon.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
killer suspense....pics and measurements all i require :) ill check back 2morra

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
definitly make sure the tow hooks are in...that would take up ALOT of space

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm not running Radflos so no input there. On #2 there should of been 4 rather thick load washers gold in color that came with the kit. You use 1 for each stock skid plate mouting bolt. You also need to trim the bottom rear corner where it mounts to the front diff drop bracket. #3 there should of been 2 small silver allen head bolts that you use to attach the stock brake line/abs sensor. You have to flaten the stock bracket, its really easy. The Pro Comp instructions were pretty good, with decent illustration pics. It took me and a buddy about 5 hours to install the stage II kit with the Pro Comp traction bars. I would say what helped was having a lift to use (installed at my work place), and reading over the instructions a couple times to familarize myself. Post pics when shes done.

**UPDATE**

View attachment 119342

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok here it is.....

lift finished 001.JPG

lift finished 011.JPG

lift finished 008.JPG

lift finished 015.JPG

the only issue is some serious creeking and squeaking frt and back the whole time im rolling. the mechanic said sounded like shocks. when you bounce on it frt or back you can hear it bad and i laid under it and puched the tail end up and you could see the shock body go up and stay and same when I pulled it down it would hold that position. He sprayed it with some wd but nothing....any ideas?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts