Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna install my lift this weekend are there any special tools I will need I have some metric sockets but most are standard. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Here are some basic tools...I know I'm forgetting some

Jack and Stands
Compressor w/tools (impact drill)
Hand Tools (Wrenches, Screwdrivers, Ratchets, Hammer, etc...)
breaker bar
Stereo
Beer (for after a hard days work)

Oh and a helping hand :teethmast

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some basic tools...I know I'm forgetting some

Jack and Stands
Compressor w/tools (impact drill)
Hand Tools (Wrenches, Screwdrivers, Ratchets, Hammer, etc...)
breaker bar
Stereo
Beer (for after a hard days work)

Oh and a helping hand :teethmast
I got all that. Whats the hub socket size is it 32 mm? Thats the only one I am worried about not having.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hub is a 32mm, you will also need 22,19,17, 14, 12,10mm sockets. Would be good if you have both deep and shallow 6 point sockets in either 1/2 or 3/8. 17mm&19mm wrench. Pliers, dead blow hammer. A swivel 3/8 14mm socket for the front cv axles will speed things up and make it easier. Thats off the top of my head. If you have access to a lift or maybe the hobby shop on a military base would make things alot easier to install the lift and get the tools you might not have.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I wish I had access to a lift but I got a hoist, jack stands, lots of big blocks of wood. My dad have a small earth moving company so we got tools for working on heavy equipment.

Also.i didnt get a spanner wrench I am gonna call greg to get one but is there anything else I could use to add preload if I want to before I get the spanner wrench?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You can do it on your garage floor with jackstands and a good floor jack. The lift just makes it alot easier and faster. Just make sure you have help espcially when you drop your front diff, its not very light and could do some serious damage if it fell on you. You might want to call around to some local bolt fastner shops they carry the really fancy spanner wrenches. Kinda pricey but alot better quality. About $40-$60 each. I would loosen them up before installing them to make it easier to adjust once installed.

Thanks I wish I had access to a lift but I got a hoist, jack stands, lots of big blocks of wood. My dad have a small earth moving company so we got tools for working on heavy equipment.

Also.i didnt get a spanner wrench I am gonna call greg to get one but is there anything else I could use to add preload if I want to before I get the spanner wrench?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Everything has been listed I'm pretty sure except for a good set of mechanix gloves and some straps for wrenching down the uca into the spindle. Don't forget to soak all bolts/nuts in liquid wrench/PB the night before...some of them are no joke when taking off.

Edit: Also, for some like me, I had to use a cold chisel to separate the hub from the old spindle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts