Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I braked kinda hard and had the wheel to the extreme left the front end popped like a cv joint. I've had lifted trucks before and haven't had any problems with any lifted truck. Any idea what this noise is?
thanks!
rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
Hey Rob. When I got my pro comp put on it made a loud pop as well. Mine only occurred when I hit a slight bump though. I took it back to 4 wheel parts to have them check it out and they double checked everything and said it was all working fine and there was no visible clues to what could be going on. So I kept driving it as is and it worked its self out. I'd say it went away after a week or so. You may also experience some noise when turned hard left or right due to rubbing depending on what size tires you are running. If anyone else has other ideas, please chime in. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
i had the same noise until i removed the sway bar. the truck leans a little more in turns but it was worth it when i took it off road. it handles pot holes and buumps a whole lot smoother and quieter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard other people telling me its the sway bar. The sway bar is the one with the 3" or so spacer on the bottom of the inside of the wheel and curves up in front of the bracket? thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Nice truck man, Mine doesn't make the noise as bad since I put my new cst sway bars on. I havent gone over any spend bumps so I dont know if its compltley gone. Like the truck and will let you know if it worked my bugs out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Mine makes the same noises when i went to 4wheel parts they said it was my c/o i put some new SAWs in and same noise and this is with gregs new valving so it wasnt the c/o's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
As other's have said, the sway-bar could be the issue. Make sure that the endlinks and also the four bolts which attach the bar to the frame are securely fastened. Mine have worked themselves loose before as well causing some funky noises.

Also, the lower control arms are designed to sort of "float" back and forth between their mounting points. The reason for this is beyond me, Nissan engineered it that way. That could be your issue. PRG makes some delrin spacers for about $40 that you can insert in the outer limits of the arms to prevent them from 'shifting' back and forth. The delrin spacers are basically just washers but their properties provide more of a 'cushion' as opposed to a regular washer---can't hurt to try that though!

I have some funky noises as well, but have learned to live with it. I'm hoping that it's just the stock shocks, but as youngunz noted, replacement c/o's didn't solve his noisy problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
i have the same problem.. it sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
Guys, the answer to your noisy problem is............CST sway bar end links!
I originally took my sway bar completely off because of all the popping and creaking noise I got after installing the PC lift. I just re-installed it with the CST end links and WOW what a differance! For the longest time I thought the truck was driving better without the sway bar, I was wrong. Alot of guys are gonna say it smoother offroading because it articulates better, but thats not worth all the body roll you get on the highway. In Ga were they are working on 10 bridges on 95, whenever I hit a large bump the whole truck used to act like it was on a wave. It was way unsafe.
I recommend the CST end links, the truck drives soo much better with the sway bar. IMO just my 0.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
jasonmotox said:
Guys, the answer to your noisy problem is............CST sway bar end links!
I originally took my sway bar completely off because of all the popping and creaking noise I got after installing the PC lift. I just re-installed it with the CST end links and WOW what a differance! For the longest time I thought the truck was driving better without the sway bar, I was wrong. Alot of guys are gonna say it smoother offroading because it articulates better, but thats not worth all the body roll you get on the highway. In Ga were they are working on 10 bridges on 95, whenever I hit a large bump the whole truck used to act like it was on a wave. It was way unsafe.
I recommend the CST end links, the truck drives soo much better with the sway bar. IMO just my 0.02

Do you have stock coilovers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
sure do, why? you got some SAWs you wanna give me? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
jasonmotox said:
sure do, why? you got some SAWs you wanna give me? :)

That's why the body roll was so terrible, the spring rate on the stock c/o's isn't high enough. I am pleasantly surprised how well my truck handles now without the swaybar, but I do have the SAW coilovers. It did take some getting used to though, that's for sure.

I might give you my old stock coilvers, haha. Glad to hear though that the endlinks made a large difference!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
I know what you're gonna say....better coilovers will cut down on the body roll when not using the sway bar...am I right? I agree, but for those on a limited budget end links are cheaper. I do want SAW's just because I could use another inch or two to clear the 35's better. Maybe for Christmas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
you beat me by 1 minute, dang phone call :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
54warrior said:
I might give you my old stock coilvers, haha. Glad to hear though that the endlinks made a large difference!:D
Thats a good idea, I could just cut a couple turns off your stock coils and weld them to mine! That should stiffen things up!:jester:
Work Sucks...just thought I'd throw that in:cow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
jasonmotox said:
Thats a good idea, I could just cut a couple turns off your stock coils and weld them to mine! That should stiffen things up!:jester:
Work Sucks...just thought I'd throw that in:cow:
Actually, that would just make it a longer spring with the same spring rate... actually probably a lower rate because of the welding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
54warrior said:
Actually, that would just make it a longer spring with the same spring rate... actually probably a lower rate because of the welding.
I was kidding mon!:cheers:
Hey, I gotta say thanks to Greg for answering my questions about these links yesterday!:hi: :cheers:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top