Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i planned on purchasing a pro comp lift and installing it this weekend. my dad is a manager of nissan and is saying his mechanics are saying its a bad idea and will cause many problems, i was wondering if anyone has had failures do to lift kits?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I never heard of anything like that, his guys just might be lazy and think if they say that then they wont have to install it, or help in any way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i talked to greg at prg and he said theres no way it could hurt my truck, but the techs at nissan were saying it can cause your rear end to go out, that it would drive horrible above 40 mph, that 35 inch tires would eat my breaks, and that my wheel bearings would go out, etc.. i just need proof from people with lifts that it causes no problems.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Titans have been plagued with rear end failures, lifts do not cause them.
It drives like a truck at 90 MPH the same as it does at 35 MPH. Only difference is my butt cheeks dont have the seat in a death grip at 35.
Brakes are just fine at 47k miles. had some issues with the brakes BEFORE the lift, but none since.
No issues with the wheel bearings.
They sell these things with the Pro Comp lift installed. I think they call it the no fear package.

·
Registered
120 Posts
had my pro comp stage 1 for over a year now with no issues at all. i actually think it rides better now then it did with the leveling kit on it. just get it, you will love it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed a lot of guys sig pics that have a lift installed, it looks like the front end is about to wheelie...what's up with that? I just picked up an 04 and have been reading a million threads on here for mods to do. I def want a lift, just trying to figure out what kind and why some Titans look like the the front end is pointing up.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I love my lift, I've had it for 10k+ miles and its still rides great, no problems at all!

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is truth to what they are saying, but it applies to older trucks with lower tow ratings, smaller wheels & tires from the factory, smaller brakes, etc. We have all seen lifted trucks that are falling apart, and lifted trucks with 200k miles that run & drive like new. Like with any vehicle, its all about how you take care of it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
No problems with my stage II and i installed it myself as well. freakin nissan mechanics any how :teethmast

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that is the case, then why did Nissan use the Pro Comp lift for their "No Fear" eddition trucks from the factory?
i totally forgot about that, my dad was trying to use that as an excuse to saying that if nissan wanted lifted trucks they would come like that from factory. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts