Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i finally had some free time and i wasn't lazy and so i got my kit installed. everything went good except two things. the rear shocks from the pro comp lift isn't there suppose to be a dust sleeve for the shocks at the bottom? i couldn't find any and i didn't know if any of you guys know who i needed to go to get a hold of them. i got the kit from greg at prg. do you think i should go to him?
also there was a spacer on the rear shocks that i couldnt get to fit into the bolt. the spacers were too small for the bolts so i didn't put the cylinder spacer. i just put the bottom ones.
needs 35s. they are being order monday

i have the bolt circled. its the exact same one as the one circled but just on the top end. and notice no dust sleeve???

cylinder spacer that was too big for the bolt up top. i need to get another one for that bolt.

so if you guys could help me out with those two questions i would be very much appreciative.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
The ProComp shocks don't come with shock boots. You'll have to go to an offroad shop and purchase them. I recommend getting them. My shafts rusted after about 25k worth of driving on them. Started leaking fluid everywhere. Replaced with Bilstein 5100's. Night and day difference. MUCH BETTER.

I wouldn't run it long without the steel sleeves in the shock eyes either. My kit came with like 2 or 3 different size sleeves that I had to assemble. Are you sure there wasn't another baggie in the shock box with more sleeves?

Truck looks good, all you need are some wheels/tires.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Eric Warner said:
My procomp lift came with boots for the shocks and are you sure the shocks aren't upside down?

They can be mounted either way. Personally, I mount mine with the shafts up to protect them better.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Eric Warner said:
See you learn something new everyday. I like the shaft up also. It does make the adjustments hard to access.

If he has the Stage 1 kit, they are non-adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
54warrior said:
The ProComp shocks don't come with shock boots. You'll have to go to an offroad shop and purchase them. I recommend getting them. My shafts rusted after about 25k worth of driving on them. Started leaking fluid everywhere. Replaced with Bilstein 5100's. Night and day difference. MUCH BETTER.

I wouldn't run it long without the steel sleeves in the shock eyes either. My kit came with like 2 or 3 different size sleeves that I had to assemble. Are you sure there wasn't another baggie in the shock box with more sleeves?

Truck looks good, all you need are some wheels/tires.
i tried all of them. they were all either too small or too big. i'll try this weekend. you guys know where i could get a steel sleeve from? you think greg has them?

also so i mounted my rear shocks upside down? it looked like the right way in the pic of the instructions.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
johnwoo said:
also so i mounted my rear shocks upside down? it looked like the right way in the pic of the instructions.
They can be mounted either direction. I just prefer mine with the shafts up to protect them better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts