Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm on my 3rd Titan. (Been a few years since I posted on here, but love the trucks) Had an '04 with a 6" PC stage 1, '07 w/just a level kit, and now a 2011 SV crew 4x4. My question is: I just ordered a Pro Comp 6" stage 1 kit (again) from 4wheelparts, and some rims and tires. First thing on the instructions it says 'this kit does not fit vehicles equipped with VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) or the side air bag package.' My truck has both.
Normally with something like this I just wing it and think about it later, but this is the newest truck I've ever had, and I only have 4000 miles on it, and I'm not made of money, and I'm wondering...
So, anyone know if I can just run this, or did 4wheelparts send me the wrong kit, or is there no kit for mine? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a call in to them as well.
Great website by the way, I've used it a lot over the years.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd call Pro Comp directly and ask...then I'd speak to Greg at PRG. I say this for two reasons; Pro Comp was very helpful about general tech stuff prior, during, and after the install of my stage 1 kit on my 08 however Greg was able to give me a couple of tips (steering knuckle grinding, etc) that Pro Comp would have never offered up (they're trying to sell a product you know.) But I would think that if Pro Comp says it won't work on your truck the way it's set up, it won't work...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Interesting. I did not know this and I just put my PC lift on recently on my 2011 Pro4x. I hope this isn't a problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response guys! I was definitely sweating it a bit. Truck came out great, so fun to be rolling a lifted one again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take some and post em up. Nothing too insane, but came out real clean. Silver, with 20" Monsters and 35" Toyo MTs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'll take some and post em up. Nothing too insane, but came out real clean. Silver, with 20" Monsters and 35" Toyo MTs.
Right on! Post up bro lets see it

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a stage 1 on my 2010 with vcd and side air bags. Everything is fine. No worries.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys- took some pictures after practice yesterday. Here's the product, sorry for taking so long to post. Thanks again for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not sure. I had a silver '07 XE before this one. It had the all paint matched front bumper so I did Street Scene inserts and painted them black. That looked pretty sweet. Not sure what I'd like with the silver. I'm just stoked to be rolling a nice lifted one again. It really sets you apart where I live to roll anything lifted and clean lookin. I have been wanting since my first Titan crew to do like 2 offroad lights in the lower grille, and sort of cut the grill around them. Kind of like the one grill they make for F150s, but they do those fogs in the upper part. I think that'd be cool. Something a little custom. Right now I'm straight bolt-on stuff

·
Registered
309 Posts
I like it, truck looks awesome man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts