Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. I am recent owner of a 2015 Crew Cab that has a ProComp Stage 1 lift on it with XD 20" inch wheels and 35 inch Toyo Open Country tires. I love the truck but have had to do a bit a work to it recently and wanted to share my lessons learned.

Alignment issues - given the tire and wheel combo, it appeared that past alignments weren't sufficient. The camber was maxed out and this was really telling after a 4000 mile road trip in which the inner tread on the front tires was noticeably more worn than the outer treads. We fixed this issue by installing adjustable upper control arms from Specialty Products (Part No. 25560) and now the alignment is perfect.

The next issue that the sway bar was not installed with the spacers and so the upper end link bolts were contacting the CV boots (resulting in tears and rips). I am currently working to fix this issue and I think the sway bar needs to be flipped to allow for the end links to sit a little better but am not sure this is safe. I will continue to mess around with the end links and sway bar placement to get it right. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine Auto part Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle Vehicle brake

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I responded to your original post about this, and said it looked like your sway bar might not be at the OEM angle. I've gone back and found these pics of my 3" lifted setup, which I adjusted to be at the same angle/position relative to the truck as the OEM config prior to the lift. As you can likely see, I think your assertion that the bar has been flipped (left to right) is correct, and it ought to be flipped back. More importantly, I'd scrap those garbage links with their funky three bolt attachment to the LCA (where OEM was a single through-bolt) and go to something similar to what I'm running, but in the size/length for a 6" lift. You'll be pleased with the outcome, I suspect.

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I responded to your original post about this, and said it looked like your sway bar might not be at the OEM angle. I've gone back and found these pics of my 3" lifted setup, which I adjusted to be at the same angle/position relative to the truck as the OEM config prior to the lift. As you can likely see, I think your assertion that the bar has been flipped (left to right) is correct, and it ought to be flipped back. More importantly, I'd scrap those garbage links with their funky three bolt attachment to the LCA (where OEM was a single through-bolt) and go to something similar to what I'm running, but in the size/length for a 6" lift. You'll be pleased with the outcome, I suspect.

View attachment 556133 View attachment 556134

thank you! I appreciate the feedback. I will look for end links that are compatible with my lift and I will flip the bar back over.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
These or something like them are what you want. They'll let you adjust so the link is near dead vertical, and not pushed back like your current links appear to be (which gets them closer to the CV boot).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These or something like them are what you want. They'll let you adjust so the link is near dead vertical, and not pushed back like your current links appear to be (which gets them closer to the CV boot).
I just ordered them! thanks! I spoke with the rep and they confirmed that these will solve my problem. I flipped the sway bar over and installed the Procomp end links the way the instructions dictate but the bushings are at maximum articulation. It doesn't matter if the end link angle toward the front or rear of the truck. I will post photos of the PRGs to this thread. thanks again!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
It doesn't matter in terms of sway bar articulation, but the reality is, angled to the rear puts the links and the bar closer to the CV boot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a similar setup. Here is how the PRG endlinks look on mine:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

FWIW, as far as bushings I took off the poly ones I bought because they don't fit properly with the OEM brackets. It left my bar super sloppy. I went with OEM spec ones but from Napa because their version has the nice angled slit which closes better onto the bar providing a tighter fit. When I bought my 13' over the summer I had to deal with a horrible mess on the suspension of this truck and I think I finally sorted things out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts