Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So I bought 4 new 35" Procomp xtreme All terrain tires.
Mounted the first one, went to balance it and the tire has .25, 1/4" lateral runout.

Is This a defective tire? what is acceptable for lateral runout?
any mounting pointers?

The tire would also have taken a a pound of weight to balance. I know this could probly be remidied by repositioning the tire on the wheel.

The guys that were putting the tire on were ****heads, but they said that all "big" tires are like this.

I would love to hear any advice you all may have.

~Chris

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
ckarling said:
OK, So I bought 4 new 35" Procomp xtreme All terrain tires.
Mounted the first one, went to balance it and the tire has .25, 1/4" lateral runout.

Is This a defective tire? what is acceptable for lateral runout?
any mounting pointers?

The tire would also have taken a a pound of weight to balance. I know this could probly be remidied by repositioning the tire on the wheel.

The guys that were putting the tire on were ****heads, but they said that all "big" tires are like this.

I would love to hear any advice you all may have.

~Chris
its the tire. pro comp xtremes have a track record of not running true, don't know why. but from several others who have had or have the pro comp xtremes say the same thing that those in particular are hard to get balanced. but, they can be. i'd go somewhere else. any place that are d!cks should be banned.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a similar situation with my terra grapplers, the guy said it would take almost a pound for each tire to balance and also stated all big tires were like this.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
One of my Cooper's was like that, in fact, they added 19 ounces!!! to balance it. They said it was a defective tire, so I drove on that one for a week till the new one came in.

Didn't have any problems with my ProComp Mud Terrains.

I say its a defective tire, make them replace it. ALL big tires are NOT like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
54warrior said:
One of my Cooper's was like that, in fact, they added 19 ounces!!! to balance it. They said it was a defective tire, so I drove on that one for a week till the new one came in.

Didn't have any problems with my ProComp Mud Terrains.

I say its a defective tire, make them replace it. ALL big tires are NOT like that.
OK, I spun the other 3 and two of them had some lateral runout. One had alot like 3/8" and the other one had not much less then an 1/8th"

4 Wheel parts is sending me 2 new tires. I decided I would use the one that had little runout. Is this an OK move on my part? or do you guys think I should replace that one also?

~Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hooligan said:
its the tire. pro comp xtremes have a track record of not running true, don't know why. but from several others who have had or have the pro comp xtremes say the same thing that those in particular are hard to get balanced. but, they can be. i'd go somewhere else. any place that are d!cks should be banned.
F--k! Wish I would have known these tires were gonna be a pain in the *** before I bought them!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts