Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a set of Pro Comp Alloys and have an option between Hub Centric and Non-Hub Centric. Which ones do I need for the Titan, they will just be 17x8's

Thanks

Chaz

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Hub centric.......... You always want hub centric if you have the choice. That way the weight of the truck is on the hubs instead of the lugs.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Hub centric.......... You always want hub centric if you have the choice. That way the weight of the truck is on the hubs instead of the lugs.
If possible the hub-centric would be a better choice..BUT very few aftermarket wheels have the correct size to work hub-centric with the Titan, so then it's back to lug centric...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yeah, when you see a hub centric in a 6 on 5.5" or 6 on 139.7mm, it is most likely for a GM. So does anyone know if our hub is the same exact size as the Cheby? From Lou's post ... sounds like they might be different.

And if not, I don't suppose anyone makes hub-centric rings for the Titan, and if they do, are these strong enough to mount the wheel hub-centrically, or are they just for profit, and you still need lug-centric mounting?

Are our OEM wheels Hub-centric? I would think so but ...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I got some hub rings off fleaBay and they seem ok. 18" Diesels only come 108mm hub while we have 78.10mm. I don't know if Chevys have the same hub size as Titans but I was told some Toyotas, with the same lug pattern, do.

Oh, and OEM 17 are hub centric. Don't have 18s to check but I'm would think so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts