Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pro Comp Xtreme A/T or Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Pictures

I need new all terrain tires in a 35x12.5x20 and I'm really looking at the Pro Comp Xtreme a/t or the mickey thompson baja atz. I have had BFG a/t's and nitto terra grapplers before and both of those tires were ok. They both have a very generic look and tread pattern. I like the look and sizing with both the pro comps and the mickey thompson's but I have never owned either of those before. Question is: Does anyone have anything to say positive or negative about either of these 2 tires. First 2 pics are Pro Comps and next 2 are Mickey Thompson's ATZ. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I just replaced a set of M/T's. They performed fine, handled good wet n' dry, but they were soft and didn't wear well.
In the looks department, the Pro-Comps look agressive and I think they come with a milage warranty.
Time/milage will tell on my Nitto T/G's...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have the more aggressive MTZ and I love them -
four wheeler magazine did a review of them a while back
http://www.fourwheeler.com/ I think the ProComp tire has the better "off-road" look with the sidewall the way it is....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info above and the Fourwheeler.com article. Both tires are very similar and are even made at the same plant by Cooper tires. Both have E load range and both have a 4 rib design but I think I'm leaning towards the Baja ATZ because the lugs seem a little closer together and I know that will help cut down on the highway noise/hum. Anyone else have the Xtreme A/T or Baja ATZ and want to comment on the highway noise/hum?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
this is exactly my dilema... I've been looking at these two as well, along with the Nitto Terra Grapplers as third option. From what I've heard and some peeps past use, the Nitto's have a fast wear, so I decided to eliminate those as an option... Prices are very similar between PC's and Mickey's, but I am personally leaning towards the PC's. I had the PC A/T's before (30k miles of 50/50 on/off rd. use), currently running the A/T's (29.5k miles of same use), and will be going with the ExTreme A/T's (hoping for 30k as well)...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DRTYAZN, I currently have Nitto Terra Grapplers on two trucks and they have been fine but I was looking for something that has a little more aggressive tread even though most of my time is on the highway. I'm also looking at these 2 tires because of their sizing - they say they are 35x12.5x20 but the specs say they are 34.6x12.5x20. For me that is a big deal because lots of companies 35x12.5x20's are really 35.5x13.1x20 - My Titan is lifted at about 6 inches and I really don't want to go any higher. So these 2 tires really fit the size and tread I need.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I picked up the mickey thompson Baja ATZ's yesterday and snapped a few pics. Tires are 35x12.5x20 and wheels are mb shaker in a 20x9. Lift is 4" CST spindle with Sway-away coilovers which makes it a 6" lift. In back I have deaver mini pack and 2" block with radflos.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do they ride and is there any road noise?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have yet to take them off road, but on the street they seem just as quiet as my old terra grapplers even though the ATZ's have an aggressive tread. I do notice a difference going over bumps and potholes - the Baja atz's are 35's and the side walls seem to soak up the bumps a little better. My previous Nitto terra grapplers were 33's and the shorter sidewall seemed stiffer and bounced a little more going over bumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts