Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , new T owner , I would like to know if switching from my stock Pro4X stock shocks with 5100s would improve my day to day ride , its a grocery getter with some TT towing during summer , I hate to side to side bouncy ride

·
Registered
519 Posts
If I were you I would get the Bilstein HD's instead of the 5100's. Same shock just a little bit of a smoother ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only got 100 miles on the odometer currently but I read everywhere how the ride is better with Bilstein 5100s , so the HD will also improve my ride with better confort ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
id combo them, been doin the research to replace my shocks. From what ive gathered the front HD's are great but the rear suck, so im either going with 5100's all around or HD's up front and 5100's in the rear.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I only got 100 miles on the odometer currently but I read everywhere how the ride is better with Bilstein 5100s , so the HD will also improve my ride with better confort ?
Yes the rear HD's ride a little rough. I would get the 5100's or the 5125's from greg at prg. The price point is not that big from the 5100's to the HD's. I have 5100's all the way around the fronts set to 1.5" of lift. They are a little stiff but I like them. FYI: the 5100's on their lowest setting will give you. 05" of lift maybe more on a pro-4x.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More confused , those rancho knock because the coilspring is to long , they have a technical bulletin with coilspring replacement to solve the problem , I think that bilstein with the same coilspring didn't have this problem right ?

·
Registered
519 Posts
More confused , those rancho knock because the coilspring is to long , they have a technical bulletin with coilspring replacement to solve the problem , I think that bilstein with the same coilspring didn't have this problem right ?
If you replace your ranchos with bilsteins you will feel a night and day difference. Factory ranchos suck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you replace your ranchos with bilsteins you will feel a night and day difference. Factory ranchos suck.
Ditto what Book said; replaced stock Ranchos a few months ago with Bilsteins all around with front on lowest setting and T rides better than new.

Reactions: Book0825

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HD .... 5100 ..... , I want a good day to day ride with capacity for towing my TT , I know than Pro4X used longer coilpring so do you think than HD will have enough travel course to prevent shock knocking?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If i used the hd front and the height sont change I Will not
Need to do realigment , is the rear 5100 change height ?

·
Registered
519 Posts
If i used the hd front and the height sont change I Will not
Need to do realigment , is the rear 5100 change height ?
Technically no. You would not need to get it aligned. I would just to be safe. The 5100 rears will not add ride height. HD's front and 5100's will be awesome. Pull the trigger already. If you don't like them throw them on here in the buy sell section, they will be gone in an hour.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally done, HD front and 5100 rear , the knock is gone when I passed over big bump , if there is something the suspension is less stiff and absord way better the small bump , very satisfied , is there is someone with RAS ( roadmaster active suspension ) with bilstein shocks , how they work together ?
Now I need to buy a gas company ( 8mpg )

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Taking off my leveling kit next weekend and putting in Bilstein 5100s in the front set to the middle setting (1.5" of lift) and then putting on 5100 rear shocks. Really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Will these work if you already have a six inch lift? I was going to try and wait to get some coilovers but its to much right now for my budget. Right now I'm running stock rancho in the front and pro comp in the rear and its killing me.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts