Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the cam bolts but haven't put them in, truck lined up without them (took it in for an alignment).
I have ordered the Dirt King uppers just to be safe or for future upgrades ( no contact or any problems like it is so far). Once I put the uppers on I'm going to install the cam bolts and get one more alignment.
On my PRO4X I was able to squeeze 305/65 on my stock 18" rims. Those are the Falkin Wildpeaks. Pretty tight but no trimming and no rubbing.
Mine is an sv so one gonna go 275/70 18
Same wild peaks though

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do you guys like the Wildpeak's? Heard good things.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got mine on last week. I'm impressed. I've had Toyo open county at2s and bfgs on a previous truck and the wildpeaks are a lot more quiet on the road. I have not had a chance to get off of the pavement yet but hope to change that soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put an 1.5” leveling spacer on the front, just wondering if anyone replaced the sway bar link as it seems on my 2010 that there is some stress on the stock and if so where did you get them, any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
I may be a little late on this, but I saw a YouTube video where the guy had a 1.5” level on a Pro4x and he was getting CBC. He was also testing the limits of the suspension articulation so you may not notice any CBC in normal driving. He said his mechanic said anything over a 1” spacer will cause CBC on a Pro4x. Look up
Pro4xextreme tv. His truck looks good and he’s got a few vids on there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know this is an older post, but what brand is your leveling kit? I'm looking for one for my 17 pro 4x. Thank you!
That link still works. It’s Rough Country.

·
Registered
38 Posts
im new to the Titan seen as I just upgraded from my 2012 frontier to my 2019 titan pro-4x. so I cant speak for the wildpeaks on the titan but I can for having two sets on my frontier. they perform very well off road, they don't have the big mud lugs so they don't release the mud as well but they still performed really well in mud. and I was very pleased with the dry road performance. they also do well in the snow but not so much once you have over 20k on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
running a 3" Rough Country Leveling Kit
Vision ManX 2 wheels 18X9 with +12 offset tires are 275/70R18 Falken WildPeak AT3/W's i can speak to these tires as they are my third set. i ran two sets on my previous Nissan Frontier that was fairly modded and the performed in all the conditions i needed them to very well. i live in the ADK's of NY so i have to deal with snow, rocks, mud and still be daily driver as my trucks are not just for fun but need to be my work truck.
im also running Bora 1" spacers on all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After doing alot of reading, that's what I bought. It's just a hunk of metal, so why pay for a name brand? I also got their rear 1"blocks with U-bolts. Now I have crawled back under there and did another coat of paint on the U-bolts (surface rust). Other than that, they work fine.
2017 PRO4X 1.5" front and 1" rear.

How well have these tires held up on your truck? I wanted to go to 325 on factory wheels but I am being told that 8.5" wheels are minimum and ours are 8".

·
Registered
38 Posts
How well have these tires held up on your truck? I wanted to go to 325 on factory wheels but I am being told that 8.5" wheels are minimum and ours are 8".
this is the first set of these tires on this truck with its current setup. Previously I’ve owned two sets on these tires on my 2012 Nissan Frontier. They held up really well under all kinds of driving and wheeling conditions, the only area they sorta lacked in was serious mud.
As of this set on this truck..... so far do good. Snow is all they have seen so far here in NY. My new wheels are 9” wide. My stock wheels where 8” wide.
Can’t really speak to how 325’s will work. I feel like a saw a post here somewhere and someone was running 305’s or maybe bigger.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I had the Wild Peaks size 305/65R18 on my 2014 and 2018 Titans with stock wheels. I think that's about the widest you can safely use with going with a wider rim..

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Most tire shops won't mount much wider than 305 on an 8" rim. That's a shame, as I remember days of running 14/35 flotation tires on 15x8 rims, and the benefits a narrow rim offered in control and consistent tire height. Obviously with the advent of larger rims (more aluminum, less rubber) rim width has to grow, but the reality is 8" of rim width is almost always enough for a high-aspect 13" section width. But what do I know. I only have 40yrs of driving experience and a stint as the shop tire jockey at the Dunlop test facility in Huntsville back when Sumitomo owned Dunlop...

Reactions: Subs99

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Pro 4X and just put the 1 1/2” leveling kit on it and now I have a clunking noise in the front. I check upper and lower ball joints and sway bar end and all look fine. Just wondering if anyone would know what would cause the clunking??
Coil bucket contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Pro 4X and just put the 1 1/2” leveling kit on it and now I have a clunking noise in the front. I check upper and lower ball joints and sway bar end and all look fine. Just wondering if anyone would know what would cause the clunking??
Yes I have a 2013 titan pro 4x and it had a 2" leveling kit and had the same clunking noise. Found out control arm was hitting the strut housing. Broke 2 upper control arms so I just took the spacers out last week. Was getting spendy and dangerous. Just looks stock now. I hate it.lol

21 - 40 of 40 Posts