Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put together a problem checklist for guys that are about to take delivery of their new Titan? Just a checklist of what we should look for when picking up our Titan.

Since I'm fairly new to the forum I was wondering if anyone could help out with this (members who have been here from the beginning and know what to look for).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
KATM said:
Has anyone put together a problem checklist for guys that are about to take delivery of their new Titan? Just a checklist of what we should look for when picking up our Titan.

Since I'm fairly new to the forum I was wondering if anyone could help out with this (members who have been here from the beginning and know what to look for).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. check to make sure the vehicle is equipped as ordered-make sure the truck has each and every option you are paying for. Demand to see the checklist the dealer is supposed to complete before delivery.

2. if you have the lock box on the driver's side of the bed, check to make sure the door is not creased and you have the lock cover in place

3. if you have the DVD player, make sure you have the remote

4. if you have the center console, make them promise to give you the coin tray if missing (they might tell you it doesn't come with one, but some dealers will give it to you or promise to order one for you)

5. if you have the utility bed, make sure you have the cleats

6. if you have the tow package, make sure you have the wire harness connector (mine was in the glove box)

7. carefully inspect the truck for scratches & dings all over (including the roof), look for any dings or cracks in the windshield. Check the seats, carpet & headliner for stains & tears. (If you find anything like this later, the dealer will likely say that you caused the damage after delivery)

8. the tire pressure is usually 45 for the delivery trip, should be reduced to proper pressure (on the tire sidewalls). Alot of reports here that the dealer doesn't set the tire pressure properly before delivery.

9. check for various known potential problems: radio won't hold stereo (even with SSV turned off), splash guards and tail gate plastic mounted with too thin tape (tends to come loose, leaving a gap), bed liner separation, blistering, or peeling. This stuff might crop up later, but if initially present you should call it to the dealer's attention on delivery.

10. I like to make sure the fluid levels are up: oil, brake, trans, radiator. You might ask the dealer to check the torque on the wheel lugs. There are reports here that perhaps the torque was not set correctly and maybe that could warp the brake rotors.

11. make sure all the paper work is correct in every detail (make sure they have the VIN number correct as that is a pain in the neck to correct later) - make sure the $ are correct (including any taxes they are charging) - Don't get screwed at the last minute on financing, extra charges, extended warranty. I would have all of this figured out in advance with plenty of time for you to check at your leisure so they don't rush you into making a mistake. Make them put down everything in writing that is either missing or needs to be fixed.

12. make sure you get the manuals & all keys (2 regular + 1 valet)

13. look under the back end and make sure you have the spare (If this is missing by some chance you will have a hard time proving it later).

14. make them show you how to work the controls

15. I had problems putting the gated shifter in 4th instead of D until I got used to it (it moves left-right between these two gears) so be aware of that.

That's about all I can think of, I'm sure others will have more.

·
Registered
109 Posts
One more - check around the front anchor screw on the overhead console for cracks in the plastic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you're getting an LE, adjust the seat, then get out and look under the front seat. Make sure the wiring harness in the center doesn't rub against the tab protruding from the subwoofer.

Check that the steering wheel is straight when the wheels are.

Check to make sure both tailgate cables are tensioned when the tailgate is open.

Ask for screws to mount the license plate in the front holder.

If you have tow mirrors, angle the bottom convex mirrors all the way towards the outside before driving off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure you get the right color floor mats. The gray floor mats for the sand/steel interior do not look out of place with the graphite interior because of the lower gray panels. I didn't notice for 3 weeks until I saw pictures of the charcoal floor mats.

The dealer gave me the charcoal mats and let me keep the gray ones. :upsidedow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts