Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem fixed: start to finish short version story…….In Jan of 07 I purchase a supercharger from Harbor Nissan and had them install the unit of my engine. After the install their were visual mistakes I could see and I wasn’t even a mechanic. I sent pictures to Stillen immediately and they found the following wrong with the install:

1. This connector should be plugged into the FRONT injector. This side of the harness is backwards.
2. This is a cut to fit vacuum “T”. Remove it and make sure the ends have been snipped off to the proper size.
3. This vacuum line MUST go to a fitting on the inlet neck. BRAKE PERFORMANCE WILL BE AFFECTED IF THIS IS PLUGGED INTO THE WRONG PLACE!
4. The factory fuel line should NEVER have been cut. Make sure the connections are secure.
5. These are the injector grounds and must be hooked up to the NEGATIVE battery post.
6. This large connector should be on the other side of the fuse box to allow enough length for the rest of the harness to reach all the injectors.
7. Mount the MAP sensor to the cowl using sheet metal screws.
8. Make sure this line is not rubbing on the drive shaft.
9. Make sure this power steering line is clear of the belt.
10. What is this taped up connection and is it a good contact?

Went back to the dealership 3 more times to fix these problems and few more I had found. One problem I found my electric fan was not plugged in. Finally got everything fixed I had thought…Next to Old Town Meet and put my truck on the Dyno for the first time…OMG my truck was smoking from the exhaust and black soot was pouring out of the exhaust pipe. Also my truck was running extremely hot… First problem my valet switch was installed wrong (upside down) and the electric fan probe was just hanging and not pushed into radiator fins. Thanks to other member this was caught. By this time I was consuming some oil during the trip I was down at least 1 QT. After getting home went back to the dealership they fixed my valet switch and had me do a 500 mile oil test. After the 500 mile test I was burning almost a quart at every gas fill up. I new something was very very wrong with my truck…I met up with F-16 (Pat)….I went to house to check out his s/c beast…We drove my truck first and I was leaving a cloud of smoke…I asked Pat if his truck smokes like mine, he said no but it does this: His truck was making a loud tapping noise. Funny we both were so happy to get s/c and both of are trucks had problems…The next day I drove my truck to the dealership because my truck was eating oil. To find out I needed a new engine!!! My truck was in the shop for 8 weeks. The dealership used the shop insurance to get a new engine for my truck. I was unable to use the warranty company (Charter) which I purchased from Stillen because of the improper install by the dealership. The dealership installed a new engine and the supercharger unit was left off. Stillen helped out by offering to reinstall the supercharger free of charge and ship are trucks to Stillen free. I could not pass up on the Stillen offer. I told the dealership not to reinstall the supercharger because stillen offered to do it free. The dealership finally completed my truck after 8weeks so I took a drive to get my truck. New engine was installed so I did a walk around of my truck. Everything looked fine until I noticed my tailgate was missing. I explained to the service manager that I would not accept the truck without a tailgate. So I went home. The dealership did order a new tailgate and payed for it also. Finally I was able to take my truck home. The plan was to break the new engine in for 3,000 miles and drive to stillen and have the supercharger reinstalled. A week before leaving for California my A/C stopped working so I took it to another dealership in Ft. Myers for the warranty work. The dealership in Ft. Myers would not cover the work because the during the engine install the horn was pressed up against the a/c condenser. So back off to Harbor Nissan were the supercharger was installed. The dealership fixed it free of charge within 2 days. Finally ready for the Cali trip to Stillen. It is now end of July and started drive to Cali. Arrived at Stillen to reinstall the S/C. Here we go again when reinstalling the S/C Stillen found more problems with the work performed by the dealership.

Here is the list: TPS wire never installed. Without TPS information, the Stillen ECU cannot make fuel and timing adjustments potentially causing engine failure under boost.
-Accelerator Pedal Position wires bare/partially cut causing APP engine code and potential misfunction of engine.
-Aftermarket grille installed touching supercharger heat exchanger. Possibly causing damage to or failure of the heat exchanger.
-Actuator on the supercharger was broken bypass fitting. Potentially causing loss of performance or engine damage.
-Transmission cooler installed in wrong location and plumbed backwards. Potentially causing transmission damage.
-Knock sensor setting engine codes. Found the passenger side knock sensor connection coming out of harness.
-Fuel pump had bare wires visible with potential of pump failure and/or fire. Pump failure could lead to engine failure.

Extremely poor work and undoubtedly caused the engine failures you experienced and would likely have caused the new engines to fail as well. We had to undo and redo much of their damage in order to put the vehicles in proper working order. Stillen fixed the following problems and reinstalled the supercharger. I’m so glad Stillen went over my truck with a fine tooth comb. The mechanical problems and the safety problems with the fuel exposed wires were alarming to say the least. My family could have been in harms way because of potential fire or explosion. Unbelievable!! I’m glad Stillen found all these problems and fixed the dealership mistakes. I received my truck back last Saturday and my truck is running fine thanks to Stillen. My truck was away a lot longer than expected for over a month because of all the new problems discovered. The dealership insurance payed for my rental car while my truck was in cali.

In summary: Stillen stepped up to the plate and reinstalled the supercharger and shipped my truck back free of charge. Thanks Kyle and Stillen. 2nd:The Dealership Shop Insurance Zurich helped also payed for new engine, also money for reinstalling a supercharger which I used to get to California and back, and payed for my rental car on 2 separate occasions. This is such along story I probably left something out. Since January my trucks had its ups and down. I wish this ordeal on nobody it has been very trying on me and my family. Good news I’m still married and my truck is running and boosted again. I want to thank all the members that helped out during the time my truck was down. Thanks to f-16 for all the help….This my story since January, I will let f-16 tell his side of the story. PROBLEM FIXED!!!! THANKS STILLEN……..and Zurich Insurance:cheers:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Dang.
That's a story!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Its great to hear peoples nightmares working out in the end. To some degree we've all been there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Glad it's all fixed now!!! You have the patience of a saint.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Good to hear a concise, reliable story of how one of these disasters was handled. Sounds like Stillen rose to the occaision! Glad to hear that, as many have bashed them, without the facts publicly kown, as you have expressed here. Scares me to ever go so far in Modding. I'm staying N/A, but that still leaves room for things like a PGM! Glad to hear you made it through such a trying event.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glad it worked out for you man!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QShip said:
Glad it worked out for you man!
Thanks Q. Show your dealership the original post if you want..Ask them why they didn't submit your blown engine with Nissan Warranty or their Insurance Company like ours did. If you need help give me call. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
kuntao said:
My wife did not divorce during this process....lol :boxing:
If that's how you get rid of a wife, where can I buy a supercharger? :jester:

Clint

·
Registered
511 Posts
Clint said:
If that's how you get rid of a wife, where can I buy a supercharger? :jester:

Clint

LOL!!! :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I remember when you guys left out on your trip to California. Then never heard the results. glad it all worked out for you......finally. So how does it feel to be properly boosted?

·
Registered
146 Posts
buzzkillwill said:
Or a better way to say it, properly blown!!:evillaugh
ha-ha......I stand corrected. that is a better way of saying it.:clap:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Good to hear man, I look forward to seeing that bad boy at OT. When do the cams go in? lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
kuntao said:
I think the tranny is afraid of those things...lol
So, are we finally going to get a 1/4 mile timeslip out of a Stillen supercharged, trutrac, headers Nissan bada$$ Titan?

·
Registered
146 Posts
guess not!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.