Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues programming their Homelink to open their garage door? I have one of the newer Genie systems that uses the rolling codes. I have tried resetting both the Titan's Homelink and the Genie itself to no avail. Am able to get my wifes Homelink in her Suburban to work with no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Atlas said:
Has anyone had issues programming their Homelink to open their garage door? I have one of the newer Genie systems that uses the rolling codes. I have tried resetting both the Titan's Homelink and the Genie itself to no avail. Am able to get my wifes Homelink in her Suburban to work with no problems.
There are special instructions in the manual regarding rolling codes. Have you followed them exactly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I programmed the homelink for my door which has rolling codes as well. All I can tell you is I had the manual open and followed the steps exactly and it's working great. It took me two times to get it right. Make sure you watch the flashing lights on the homelink bar to see when to start the programming.

·
Registered
497 Posts
follow the steps exactly. porgram it with your hand held opener by it 1st like you would for any garage door. the next step is easier with 2 people but 1 is ok. push the button on your actual garage door openers case (under the light cover or alittle plactic cover usually), immediatly after pushing it push the SAME homelink button you previously programmed with your hand held opener. hope i didnt confuse you even more, good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Atlas said:
have same problem , my 03 danali no problem, tried setting it just the way the manual described for rolling codes ,unfortunately to no avail, hope someone figures this one out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also have a Genie with rolling codes. No problems programming my Homelink.

Like everyone else said, follow the directions EXACTLY like it says. The step where it says to press it 3 times is very important.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem a few days ago. Today I finally got it. The main thing I noticed is the lights on mine never did flash in the sequence the manual describes. I finally tossed the book down, reset the homelink and followed the instructions to a point.(ignored light instructions) Mine went to a fast red flash (not slow) then followed the instructions again for putting the remote close to the mirror. I then hopped out got on a ladder & hit the garage door opener program button(usually red). Then hopped back in the truck real quick and hit the same button a few times like it says. Hope you get it working.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Smokewagon said:
I had the same problem a few days ago. Today I finally got it. The main thing I noticed is the lights on mine never did flash in the sequence the manual describes. I finally tossed the book down, reset the homelink and followed the instructions to a point.(ignored light instructions) Mine went to a fast red flash (not slow) then followed the instructions again for putting the remote close to the mirror. I then hopped out got on a ladder & hit the garage door opener program button(usually red). Then hopped back in the truck real quick and hit the same button a few times like it says. Hope you get it working.
I did the same thing. I tried the manual instructions a few times, but it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Atlas said:
I had trouble getting mine programmed as well but now I'm set to go. I went to the Homelink website and the site suggested putting the key in the ACC position while programming. I did that and positioned my truck facing the garage opener. After I did this everything worked fine. I think the main problem I had at first, which the instructions don't point out, is when you want to open your garage door you have to hold the Homelink button down for about a millisecond. If you just quickly press the button an activity light flashes and nothing happens. I always just hit the button until the light came on then let go and therefor it wouldn't open. The light confused me into thinking that I had pressed the button long enough to open the door.

Now that I have the Homelink programmed, I love it. It has a longer range than my old handheld remote that always seemed to fall somewhere where I couldn't find it. Now I don't have to fiddle with changing out dead batteries either.

I programmed one of the other buttons to open my in-laws garage door since they live down the block and I take their trash to the dumpster a couple of times a week. It is a lot easier using the Homelink to do this rather than pulling out a key to go through the house to get to the garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it to work. Thanks all.

Well, I did finally get my Genie opener programmed. Yes, following the manual step by step did the trick. The order is key.

1. First, must program one of the Homelink buttons using one of your rolling code Genie controllers.
2. Second, you must hit the learn button on the Genie main unit in your garage, then within 30 seconds or so, press the Homelink button that you used in step one.

Thats it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have same problems....

Atlas said:
i have the same problem...i also have a new genie it will not let me program it...if anybody has a fix let us know.........thanks..patitan :dunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Sears opener with a rolling code and didn't have any issues the second time through programming. The steps have to be followed exactly plus keep in mind the timing as you only have seconds to do some of the steps. Probably best bet is to read through the entire directions several times and ensure you know what needs to be done... then still read them or check as you're programming.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get this...

I have a 3-car-garage with two separate Genie openers (one large double size door, and one smaller single width door). The older Genie (~4 years old) with "rolling codes" programmed fine on the first try. It was the same with my wife's Sequoia Homelink - no problems. Well the newer opener (~1.5 years old with "rolling codes" would not program in the Titan. I tried about 5 times before I gave up.

And yes, I followed the instructions step-by-step for both doors. Not a big deal, because I only use the smaller bay for my motorcycle, but it's pretty strange that I couldn't get it to work and now other people are seeing similar problems...

-Greg

·
Registered
411 Posts
I also have a Genie with rolling code, the first two attempts at programming it didn't take, but on the third try it worked. Works great, although I have to hold the button in longer than on my original remote and I have trouble finding it at night!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Titan Greg said:
I also have a Genie with rolling codes. No problems programming my Homelink.

Like everyone else said, follow the directions EXACTLY like it says. The step where it says to press it 3 times is very important.
Exactly, but let me add that you should press and hold 3 times. I found that after MANY time pressing three times it still didn't work. The directions just say to press firmly, but they never say to press and hold three times. Made this change and now I have both my openers programmed.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts