Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i've posted MORE problem posts i.e. warranty quality/issues, than i've posted that i'm happy with my TITAN. Ever feel this way about your truck??

:explode:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Nope. .......

·
Super Moderator
160,799 Posts
Nope. Happy as a pig in mud with mine. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the dealer change out the DUAL Climate control 3 times, brake judder, broken tranny mounts, the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Hey, they fixed it didn't they? Just enjoy your truck. You'd have a beef if they jacked on you.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I love my Titan!!!

Brake issues, I fixed myself!!

Cracked Radiator, i fixed myself!!

Minor problems in my book!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At 350+ posts....thats alotta problems my friend!!!
i guess that's why this is my RANT post... 350 posts.. okay i take it back. But it seems that i do use the search box more often in finding to see if people have the same issues as i do. And usually i get a bunch of the same posts.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
That just tells me we have a lot of members who either just like to complain, are spoiled beyond belief to appreciate what they have, have never owned a Big3 truck, or are too wet behind the ears to realize we live in a throw-away society.

The world isn't perfect. Never was.

Humans make mechanical crap. Always have.

Some things will work. Some things won't.

Have a beer and enjoy the pretty sunset.... Ooooo look... a butterfly! :cheers:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Man you would have REALLY loved your truck if you had invested in the 04 models. :teethmast

i guess that's why this is my RANT post... 350 posts.. okay i take it back. But it seems that i do use the search box more often in finding to see if people have the same issues as i do. And usually i get a bunch of the same posts.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Count how many have posted problems vs not....

This is why people post......They have problems.

Count how many people on here vs the number of Titans sold.....

Problems are not the norm....

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG. I love my truck more than my wife, boat ,and dog. And I love my dog a lot. I have added many upgrades to mine and have encountered many problems along the way. Some my fault and some not. It really does not matter. I love my truck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know how you feel. For a truck that MSRP's at 36k there is alot of poor QC. Mainly small stuff, but it's still a hassle. I like the novelty of my truck but at this point if i had a mulligan i would choose different.

Also surprising is the nissan dealership. Went with my GF to get her a new acura and it was like all that mattered in the world to them was getting a high score on the survey - they said nothing but a perfect customer experience was acceptable. It was basically the same purchasing my Charger.

After signing the papers for my T teh next day Kristen Napleton called me and left a message stating how she wanted to personally ascertain my satisfaction. I called her back and left a message that it was negative thus far (radio inop, tpms light on) and got a call back from the sales person saying kristen had mentioned i needed i call back. I mean why call and say you want to personnally handle something then pass it over?

At any rate, my First vehicle was a Ford RANGER that i bought new. Never had a problem until year 8 when the 02 sensors went out. Napleton offered me $500 for that ranger with 80k miles and obviously refused and went ahead and sold on ebay for $3600

My Charger is just about out of the 3/36 and i have taken her in twice for service.

In a little over a year of Titan ownership and 10+ different trips to the dealer it's not like Nissan is gonna get any of my friends or family. I would feel different if they at least acted liked they cared, but after telling the service manager that my replacement carpet is not flush like it was and the rental car company charged me four gallons of gas for bringing a murano back with the indicator slightly under 1/4 on a 15 gallon tank after getting my Titan back with 1/3 tank when they got it full and the manager admtiting they idled the truck nearly two days!

I am a maintenance oriented guy and really take excellent care with fluid changes on schedule and all that good stuff. I sorta expect if i do my job the vehicles should be worry free upto a certain point; hopefully 7-10 years and maybe more.

I am sticking with the Titan, part of that is financial as i still owe about 25k, but the other part is the engine i believe is solid; i like how in '04 the claimed it "endurance". I like the thought of that especially when it comes to the heart of a vehicle - the engine.

My tranny worries me to a certain degree. I have read alot about it on here and feel that its pretty tough. All in all i am not an extended warranty type (i read the fine print on exclusions) so will just hope the any further failures occur within my bumper to bumper and enjoy driving a unique fast rocket

I am about to hit 15k within a month and have just purchased the Diff fluids + transfer case, im not saying mine is a lemon but if it's not as solid as as some of the lucky ones on here with proper care it still should last...and if they discontinue i am not worried, in fact happy as it will be even more rare.

I realize i sorta contradict myself in this post - I do love my Titan...but, if i had known they hadnt worked out more of the bugs from 04-08 i would have choose differently is all.

Last thing, and this is more of an aside. It's tough crowd on here. Maybe a bunch of Nissan peopel or something because if you start talking too negative about the truck you may get banned and/or they are thinking you are attacking them rather than trying to address concerns over the purchase. Ask a lift or tire question and you get plenty of replies, but i have not yet encountered a forum where more legitimate questions/concerns go unanswered. To me that's bizarre.

Oh well i have no friends on here and no longer expect to. Cheers!

Reactions: HyperSportRacing

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
my titan isn't as prestige as the other vehicles i own and i love it dearly....i drive it everywhere more then the others and with a smile...now that's saying something..

as for the issues....every single vehicle has issues. my cadillac has spent more time at the dealer then my titan. i had a benz at the dealership for over a month before...so just writing nissan off as a whole because you got a dud just doesn't seem fair. Lots of members here have owned big 3 pick ups and truly appreciate the quality nissan provided with the titan. i think what truly describes vehicle is the experience of the market as well as the support by the dealers if something breaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me to. I have added mickey thompson classic beadlock wheels with 35 inch Toyo m/t tires. Nismo cold air intake, Nismo headers, nos nitrous system, 8 6 inch kc headlights, 4 inch rancho lift, 2 additional skidplates, chrome roll bar and rails, and I am witing on my bumper/ winch to get here. I am going out to the primm 300 in september to run the 300 race. I am very excited.:bump::bump:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have a beer and enjoy the pretty sunset.... Ooooo look... a butterfly! :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Black Beauty - If it's all the same to you I will have a beer and enjoy your avatar instead of the sunset....LOL

1 - 20 of 56 Posts